Los Arcos

(419) 294-9100

Los Arcos Upper Sandusky Reviews

FishAtHeart FishAtHe…
Feb 25, 2008
Love Mexican food?! When you are in the Upper Sandusky area, a visit to Los Arcos is a must! Serving authentic Mexican cuisine, dinners range from $7 to $13. The food is not Taco Bell Mexican, but truly food by the Mexicans. First, you will served chips and salsa! Next, you will be treated to generous portions of your favorite dish. Top it off with fried ice cream or any of the other desserts! You say it is your birthday? All you have to do is wear the sombero and the dessert is yours along with a song. Your picture will be taken for the wall of special guests!

Minnie and Fernando Zarazua are the owners! Fernando is a tequilla expert, and makes a great Margarita - frozen or on the rocks! Minnie works with the wait staff and always has a beautiful smile!

Come in for fun and great food! Los Arcos, on the west side of Upper on State Route 199 (also known as N. Warpole St.). Reservations not necessary. In the summer months, they have a great patio for dining outside!
PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
Jun 15, 2007
I know that my little corner of the world is not necessarily a hot spot for travelers, but there are many major highways running smack through our town, so I thought I would pass along my favorite restaurant in case you are passing through.

Los Arcos is simply my favorite restaurant for many reasons. The food is yummy, the people are friendly, the prices are right, and the margaritas are awesome. I recommend the huevos con chorizo off the lunch menu and Yolanda from the dinner menu. If you like desserts, try the flan. It has excellent flavor. Do try a margarita; they really are excellent. Dinners are priced from $7.95 to $12.95 (and that is a meal for 2). The food is more authentic Mexican than Tex-Mex, which is what I prefer.

The first Thursday of the summer months, a live mariachi band will entertain you. If it is warm, sit on the patio and relax. The owners recently added a bar area that is comfortable with an inviting Mexican-themed atmosphere. Be sure to ask Fernando about the different kinds of tequila, he is very knowledgeable and always happy to share the history of tequila and how it is made.

Very rarely will you wait for a table with a party under four people. They can accommodate larger parties as well (We had a party well over thirty on the patio once). Even during busy times, they generally have plenty of seating to go around. The restaurant is set up very well, providing for a comfortable and welcoming experience while still accommodating many customers at once.

It is easy to find! Upper Sandusky is almost exactly the half way point between Toledo and Columbus. We also sit on Route 30, which is now the only major 4-lane east-west highway through Ohio in between the Turnpike and Route 70. We also sit on the following major State Routes: 53, 199, and 67. If you are on Route 23 (which is the main highway between Columbus and Toledo) get off on Route 199 North. Woody's, KFC, Marathon, Long John Silver's, and Pamida are at this exit. There is a Route 199 south of town, but there is nothing but corn and bean fields at 199-S. Turn south toward town (toward all of the places previously mentioned.) Wave at me on the way because I live on this route and you will pass right by me (if I am not already at Los Arcos). Los Arcos is about a mile off the highway on your right. It has a very large red sign out front and is immediately after the Pennzoil gas station.

If you get to talk to Minnie or Fernando (the owners), tell them Lesley sent you. If you are celebrating something, you get to wear a sombrero and eat a free order of sopapillas. If you scan their "Wall-of-fame" close enough, I am sure you will find a few pictures of me in a sombrero! So if you’re ever in northwest Ohio, I hope you are able to stop by!
lisa says:
great review!! if i'm ever passing by your town i will stop by!
Posted on: Jun 15, 2007