Los Angeles Metro/Public transportation

www.metro.net - 323-466-3876

Los Angeles Metro/Public transportation Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Navigating Los Angeles by public transportation Oct 25, 2010
Getting around the Los Angeles area by public transportation is much easier today than it once was. Rail rapid transit has been expanding since 1992. Transit buses connect areas not served by rail and feed into the rail system.

The Los Angeles Metro (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) operates both the Metro Rail system and the transit bus system. Metro Rail operates on five lines (Red, Blue, Purple, Green, and Gold) running to Hollywood, Pasadena, Redondo Beach, and Long Beach. Purchase a rail ticket from ticket machines at each station. (Cash and credit cards accepted.)

Transit buses go all over the region on fairly frequent headways. "Metro Rapid" express buses connect regions not served by rapid rail and connect them to rail terminals. "Metro Local" buses provide additional service to neighborhoods.

Unique are the "Silver Line" and "Orange Line" buses operating at high speed on dedicated transitways. (Los Angeles is the only place I've seen this idea put into practice.) They stop only at stations, like trains.

The Aviation station on the Green Line is near LAX, but not at the airport. Shuttle service is provided.
Metro Gold Line train in Pasadena
Hollywood/Vine Metro Red Line stat…
Metro Blue Line train at the Long …
Metro Rapid transit bus
bernard69 says:
congrats on your featured review:)
Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this review of yours featured! Very well done again.
monky says:
Hi Andy congratulations on your featured review!
Quest Quest
An easy and cheap way to get around Mar 13, 2008
As part of my adventure in California last summer, I had to find my way from Woodland Hills down to Newport Beach in Orange County. I thought it would be difficult, due to the fact that I didn't know HOW!

I desided to call the Metro (this was early Sunday morning) and they were very helpful in telling me the exact way of transportation and times in which to get there. It was unfortunately a bus strike in OC, so I could only get to Anaheim/Disneyland by Public Transportation.

Ok.. I got on a bus in Woodland Hills, which took me to Universal. From here I took the train to Central Station in LA. Both the station and the train was so clean and at the station there are elevators for people like me with lots of bags, or easy acces for those who have a hard time walking. It was real great.

It was a little bit difficult to find the right exit out of the Central Station. The nice girl I met at Universal, were going the same way as me, only not all the way to Anaheim. So she helped me, or should I say us, so we found our way out.

We managed to find the right bus stop, and were on our way in a bus again.

The price is 5$ and an additional 2$ for Highway fee. So my entire trip from Woodland Hills to Anaheim cost me 7$.

And the cab drive from Anaheim to Newport Beach cost me about 30$. :o(

But if there hadn't been a bus strike in OC, the whole trip would have been only 7$, which is real cheap considering the distance and change of transportation.

I found that getting around in the area are quite easy and cheap, and I recommend it to anyone who don't have or don't want to use a car.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals