Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals

Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

tiffa tiffa
Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel, a roaring good time! Jan 24, 2010
I always stay here when I travel to LA(usually before an international departure or on the way back). This is such a fun place. Good if you're traveling alone and want to hang out with other young travellers.

There is a large outdoor pool with chairs in the sun and the large dorm rooms have balconies that overlooks.

There is wireless access as well as an area with computers to use. Large common areas outside with tables and vending machines/games.

They also have a restaurant and bar which is something straight out of '70s Vegas lounge! The decor is hilariously phenomenal- complete with cheesy chandelier, velvet wall carpet, marbled mirrors and piano.

They serve free champagne every day (from like 5 to 7pm) who doesn't like champagne, right?

There's also a free breakfast buffet in the morning.The rooms are clean and quiet- bathrooms well kept (towels provided).

They have a bus that will pick you up at the airport(or take you to the airport)if you let them know when your flight is coming in.

On the down side...

it is in a shady part of town I guess- Englewood I think it's called. I walked around during the day and felt perfectly safe but it probably isn't so safe at night.

The food is typical diner food- not great but not terrible and reasonably priced.

The women at reception are not very pleasant for the most part(it's been the same chic every time I've been over the years), but the restaraunt and bar staff as well as security gaurds are all really nice and more than make up for it.

*On one occasion the security gaurd took the hostel's bus to drive me and some fellow travellers I'd met to an all-night restaurant to pick up some food and even swung us by a convenient store. It was late (after 2)- he heard us talking about walking somewhere and just offered to take us. He was a sweetheart and has also been there a while as well as the young woman who runs the bar.

* The last time I was there I had just flown back to the States after spending 7 months in SE Asia and I was worried about reverse culture shock. My stay was so fun that I didn't want to leave! It made the transition easier for sure:)

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals