Los Amigos Backpackers' Hostel

Los Amigos Backpackers' Hostel Rates and Deals

Los Amigos Backpackers' Hostel Madrid Reviews

blue1901 blue1901
great spot...priced right Apr 27, 2011
Great location...Ok beds, priced right...Go check out all of the shops in madrid and be centrally located with access to all rail stations that you need (airport, around town lanes)

I really like the place...suited my budget and had alot of nice eateries downstairs. Good value
Pearl510 Pearl510
Friendly hostel in the perfect location Jun 24, 2010
I stayed here in the late spring 2010 and I had a wonderful stay. It is the best hostel I found in Madrid so far, considering the price. I met a lot of great people here, in the evenings we used to hang together in the living room and have some drinks after, or go for icecream :) Everybody was very open and welcoming, including the staff (of course for the visitors it depends on how lucky you are...).

The location is superb, walking distance to almost everything (if you like walking), and also very close to Puerta del Sol and Opera metro stations. It's in a big apartement building on the 4th floor, there is a lift if you like.

I stayed in a room with 4 beds (no bunk beds) but I think there were bigger rooms with bunk beds as well. I guess you have to be a bit lucky on where you end up. I was very lucky :) No AC, but we did have a fan. Although the window gave out to the big (pedestrian) street Arenal, our room wasn't noisy so much. We could leave the window open all night and still have a good sleep.

The bathroom wasn't dirty, but could have been kept a bit cleaner. Kitchen was very clean though, with nice breakfast.

Only downside maybe is that there is no computers in the hostel. I asked the receptionist and she said they used to have some, but now the governement didn't let them anymore. Something to do with the building they were in or I don't know. There are some cheap internet caf├ęs around though, and WiFi is supplied for those who bring their own laptop. And another girl who traveled alone had to switch rooms two times during her four night stay, but I think she extended her stay after two days. Anyway, I was traveling alone also, and I had the same room for my full stay...

I think this is a great hostel, nice English speaking staff, all facility you need (except the computer), safe and good location in the middle of everything, yet not loud at all. It's not the "party" hostel were you can have smokes and drinks in the kitchen all night long (actually you are not allowed at all). But it is a friendly place, with plenty of bars and pubs around. For me it is the perfect combination.

Very much recommended, I will stay here again the next time I'm in Madrid!
jackchu58 jackchu58
Best location in town Jul 30, 2009
Great location. right across from club joy and Very safe. the only problem was the atmosphere. IT didnt seem like people was very talkative . I didnt really care at the time because i was with a friend. The cat hostel was bit far out, but the atmoshpere was great and had a lot of people of my age.
Pearl510 says:
I'm going here in a few days. Curious to see but it looks nice, as you wrote :)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2010
mario26 mario26
los amigos great hotel in the middle of madrid Dec 04, 2008
the los amigos hostel was situed directly on the calle arenal 2 minute by walk of the subway opera and 5 minute by walk of the puerta del sol and 3 minute by walk of la plaza major this palce is the best hostel in madrid cause of the location i think is very nice to be so close of all the attraction of madrid!!!!!!!!

For sure a little problem not for me but maybe for everybody who have some difficulty to sleep hard and quick this place is a little loudness cause u are so close of all the big attraction of madrid so u have many people on the street and people make some noice very late at night but im sure is only a little problem cause for the rest all is nice !!!!!!!

On the place u have bed,internet acces (1 euro)a service of laudry but not directly on this hostel but the other one on the same name close this hostel have one !!!!!!!!the people in place was very helpfull and very sympatic with the tourisme !!!!!!i very love this palce so hope each of u can go there and try this experience!!!!!!!!!!
Owens Owens
Nov 11, 2006
"LOS AMIGOS BACKPACKER' HOSTEL Madrid is in the heart of

downtown.Breakfast is included, fully equipped kitchen, Internet,

laundry facilities and laid-back atmosphere. Beds from 16 Euros."

I personally found this hostel to be awesome. I had to leave early the

following morning, and they let me use their phone to call a cab, and

it was ready at 4:30 am. I went out the night before with 3

bunkmates I met the night before. I was with an Englishman, a

Frenchman, and a Mexican. We had conversation going in English, French

and Spanish. It was an amazing experience for such a short amount of

time, and I'm not the friendliest person. Regardless, we all met in our

room where we were all reading separatly in bed and for those that are

more social, there are always people in the common room. Bathrooms are

clean and accomodating, and personnel was friendly. It is close

to a market, small bookstore, the Opera metro stop, and a flea market

area on certain days.