Lords Lodge Backpackers

Lords Lodge Backpackers Rates and Deals

Lords Lodge Backpackers Melbourne Reviews

melissak melissak
Small Backpackers in Melbourne Apr 15, 2008
My second time in Melbourne I decided to stay at this place, on Punt Road. It is a pretty good place to stay. The staff are fantastic, they are from Melbourne(I think..)and know a lot about the city and can help with pretty much anything you need. I think it used to be a house that was turned into a hostel which makes it feel pretty homey..although very cold and drafty. There is internet access and a lounge area with a TV and foxtel. There is a kitchen as well, but you do have to go outside to get to it. There also is a place to do laundry for cheap. Bathrooms are not bad..I've seen cleaner. It also a good hike from the city..about a 20 minute tram ride or 10 minute train ride I'd reckon. Its also about a 20 minute tram ride to St. Kilda..so it's kind of in the middle. It is close to Chapel St, which is a wicked part of Melbourne, I've had heaps of fun night on Chapel Street.

My only real problems with this place was that it was a bit hard to meet people, which seems silly because it was so small and everyone was like a family. But I felt like an outsider, that they were all good friends already and a lot of them had already been there for months..there was not a lot of turnover and chances to meet new people. Its the kind of place that people live in for a long time and it was hard to fit in with these people so I only stayed there for a few days before and after I went to Thailand and then found a flat to live in. So I would not recommend this place for people staying in Melbourne short term.
LonelyTraveller13 LonelyTr…
Friendly Hostel Near Everything in Melbourne Oct 11, 2008
One of the friendliest hostels I have ever stayed in. Pat (The owner/manager) is wicked. He holds a free BBQ for everyone saying there on Saturday evenings all during the summer. Everyone is helpful and very friendly. I went with the intention of staying for a week, and ended up staying for 3 weeks!!! Defiantly a good place to stay if you have never visited Melbourne before. Its a tram ride away from anywhere you would want to go within the city.

Check Lords Lodge Backpackers Rates and Deals