Lord Nelson Hotel Stockholm

Lord Nelson Hotel Stockholm Rates and Deals

Lord Nelson Hotel Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Lord Nelson - like being in a old ship Nov 30, 2011
I was back in Stockholm for a double night stay. 6 months earlier I had visited another of the chains hotels named Lady Hamilton so what was more natural than to stay at Lord Nelson. I arrived pretty late in Arlanda Airport and took a taxi direct to the hotel. The taxi driver knew the hotel and drove straight to the hotel and I was there 35 minutes later.

The Lord Nelson hotel is situated on a walking street in Gamla Stan, and usually the taxis don’t go all the way to the hotel so they park some 50-meter from the hotel but this one did. I entered the very narrow hotel and it actually turned out that it is the narrowest hotel in Sweden being only 6 meter broad. Inside I was met with a smile from the night receptionist. I had not called and said that I arrived late and I was happy to find that I still had a room.

I was given a room on the second floor and I asked if they had a mini bar in the room, which they didn’t have. I could get what I wanted in the reception so I took a cold bottle of water with me up to the room. On my way to the room I felt that I was walking through a maritime museum. I was quite amazed with all the memorabilia and if I had time I would have some time here.

I went up to the second floor and I found the door to my room. As I entered the room I almost walked in to the wall in the other end of the room. The room was very small to say the least; it was only as long as the bed, not more than two meters long and it was also two meters on the other way. 2 times 2 meter is not much; I also had to look for a place to charge my laptop.

The room was like an old cabin on a steamboat; even if it was extremely small I kind of liked the room. I knew from before that the rooms would be small so I was not disappointed by the size of the room but I found the bathroom to be too small. The room had a small flat-screen and I checked it out but only found few international channels.

The breakfast was nice and it was served just next to reception on the ground floor. They had a number of small tables surrounded with old-fashioned armchairs. The food was served from an old desk and you therefore still felt that you were on an old boat. As in all hotels in Stockholm book your taxi the evening before if you need one in the morning.

The hotel was fully booked the two days I stayed there, it was quite apparent they it was hotel that attracted tourist and they all seemed to like it judging after the faces at the breakfast table. The location if the hotel is also quite amazing; you just walk out in the middle of Gamla Stan and the neighborhood has loads of small restaurants and bars. Just be prepared on the small rooms.
The breakfast area
HuBison says:
Great detail. Nice pics.
Posted on: Jan 08, 2012
andrejav says:
Love the details of this place! I'll get there sooner or later :)
Posted on: Jan 02, 2012
delsol67 delsol67
Quaint little hotel in Gamla Stan, Stockholm Aug 04, 2008
The best value for the individual traveler in Stockholm's Gamla Stan (old town) is definitely The Lord Nelson Hotel. It's on the main pedestrian only street in Gamla Stan. So, it's location is in the middle of everything in the old town. Great cafes are everywhere. Ferries to the other islands are a short walk. The staff is friendly and are multi-lingual. There is a decent breakfast and free computer usage in the library on the second floor. The decor is ...well.....as if you are on a boat. It's quaint...beadboard and portholes in the rooms. I will stay there again.

Gamla Stan Stockholm Sverige

Lord Nelson Hotel Stockholm Overview

The hotel is part of the small chain. The Collector's Hotels in Stockholms Old Town that is owned and managed by the Bengtsson Family since 1974. The name Lord Nelson is taken from the founders' great love of maritime antiques and parts of the family's private collection are on display throughout the hotel. The maritime theme runs like a red thread throughout the hotel and gives guests and visitors the impression of actually being on a ship. The hotel's maritime atmosphere is further reinforced in the rooms by characteristic ship style wooden floors, a port hole on the bathroom door and a ship model that is an exact replica of the antique ship the room was named after. Housed in a narrow and tall building dating back to the 18th century, the Lord Nelson Hotel is the narrowest hotel in Sweden only 6 meters wide. Consequently, the rooms are in general small, but what they lack in size, the hotel makes up for in charm and character as well as location and comfort. 3-star Lord Nelson Hotel is an intimate and familiar hotel, with a fantastic location in Stockholm's Old Town and most of the city's attractions within easy reach. The various amenities provided are currency exchange, doctor on call, dry cleaning, high speed internet access, wireless internet access, laundry service, library, lift/elevator, lobby, non smoking rooms, parking facilities -at cost, reception, smoke free hotel and sauna. Breakfast included.
Lord Nelson Hotel has received The Green Key. This is an international environmental award that certifies that this hotel has an environmental policy and is actively working on environmental improvements. They have fulfilled international criteria and been approved by the Keep Sweden Tidy Foundation

Lord Nelson Hotel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower