Looking for a souvenir of the French Riviera?

Nice, France

Looking for a souvenir of the French Riviera? Nice Reviews

MedKate MedKate
Aug 03, 2007
I recently went around the city looking for an original piece of artwork or photography to remember Nice by when I leave for Paris. Nice is all about oranges and reds contrasting with the blue of the mediterranean. Here's the best in category:

Photography: J Louis Martinetti. www.martinetti.fr

A framed 40X60 poster is 35 euros. If you want to frame it yourself the poster is 11 euros. These pictures are amazing, really typical of Nice and Provence.

Original artwork: Elizabeth Toulouse Find her on the market place of the Cours Saleya every afternoon and evening in the summer. A reproduction is around 25 euros depending on size. The original is 450 euros with authenticity certificate. The pictures are realistic in style. Very colourful and give a faithful view of Nice and the coast. There's a painting of the Port in the evening that has my heart.

Original artwork: check out la rue Droite, in the Vieux Nice. There is another artist who does colorful views of Nice. I can't remember the name at the moment. Prices are the same as E. Toulouse but style is different. More stylized but still magnificient.

Original artwork: P. Hanim Find the artist himself in the market of the Cours Saleya, next to E. Toulouse. I personally bought 2 of his reproductions. The colours are amazing. I'm bringing a little of the facades to my appartment. Repros are 20-25 euros depending on size, so I'm off to IKEA to find frames!!!

Check Nice Hotel Deals