Long Island Philharmonic

(631) 293-2223

Long Island Philharmonic Brookville Reviews

smhirsch smhirsch
Jan 02, 2008
Growing up on Long Island, and playing violin since the age of four and viola since I was twelve, I've been to a lot of Long Island Philharmonic concerts. My most recent, was their New Year's Eve concert: For the Love of Broadway!

Tickets went for $70 each and it was a sold-out show (however my friend's dad is on the board for the LI Philharmonic, so we got in free).

The first half wasn't bad at all, once I got past the cheesy emcee jobs that the singers (Norman Large, Christina Saffran Ashford) were...but that's how emcees are supposed to be. With Broadway hits like "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" and "Seventy-Six Trombones," I really enjoyed it.

The second half showcased Julie Budd as the vocalist. My friend and I are pretty sure she was drunk...or at least that's how it sounded at first. After a while, she just seemed to be a pretty poor singer. Not sure what happened there...supposedly she used to be amazing (according to some older man I passed on the way out from the concert).

Anyway, overall it was fun. At the end of the concert (at 9:41pm) we counted down the New Year...while a disco ball was lowered from the ceiling...haha. You couldn't help but enjoy it.
Long Island Philharmonic New Year'…
The dropping of the (disco) ball a…

Check Brookville Hotel Deals