Long Bay Resort

Check Myrtle Beach Hotel Deals

Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Eew, eew, eew-go somewhere else. Aug 15, 2010
If you book your stay through a travel website like Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia or the like, the Long Bay Resort treats you like a second class citizen. Our room was on the first floor and it was not renovated (we were told the rooms on the upper floors were nicer and cleaner). It was just OK. The door to the balcony did not lock and we had to use the lock bar. A staff member of the hotel verified that these rooms hadn't been renovated in quite some time. We had a little fridge and that was nice, but the bathroom was gross.

The Long Bay Resort is right on the beach, so with an upper level room, I'm sure the view can be great. They have a garage with a few parking spaces on each floor so you can just walk right onto your floor, but if you come in late at night, you might have to park in overflow across the street. My problem is that when I did that, I woke up with about 200 ants crawling on my car and it took almost 2 weeks to get them off (everytime I opened my door, there were some crawling around) Did I park under the wrong tree or on their ant hill? I dunno, but it was frustrating.

We stayed far away from the noise for it to be restful, and it was only a 5 minute drive to get to the main strip. We walked to a great pancake house and there was a mini golf course across the street from that. With a car, an ATM, a CVS, and many restaurants are within reach.

If you're not going to be in the room alot and can get a great rate, sure, stay here, why not. As you drive down, you see several places that look a LOT worst; I mean really icky. I wouldn't recommend this for honeymooners or people who want really nice rooms, but it IS right off the beach.

The mattresses were OK, but I can admit, I slept well...was I that tired! The bathroom was gross, the curtain was gross, the shower curtain rod was bolted to the wall at an angle, and a got the smallest shampoo bottle I had ever seen (but the housekeeping staff gave me enough when I asked for more-they were nice).

The room door to the balcony didn't lock, which is why I guess there's a lock bar. If I were staying there solo, I would have had to have asked for a different room! The little fridge and microwave was useful, but looking at the extra balnket gave me the heevy-geevies, eeew! It was OK to pay a few bucks to have a place to hold my luggage and rest my head at night, but if you want to pay the full price, want a room on the 10th floor, or want an ocean view, I guess you could buy a room directly from the site or just fine a nicer place to stay. I did not have the opportunity to see the upper rooms, but I was told there were more suites up top and those rooms were better renovated.

But, with my first trip to Myrtle Beach, I enjoyed the area itself, and depending on what you are going there for, you may want to stay farther south.

Long Bay Resort Overview

The Long Bay Resort is less than 9 miles from countless local attractions and amusements, including Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede, the Family Kingdom Amusement Park, Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, NASCAR Speedway, and the convention center and business sectors downtown. Myrtle Beach International Airport is just 4 miles from the Long Bay Resort, and car parking is available onsite. Public and private transportation can be easily arranged from the lobby.

The 400 plus guestrooms at the Long Bay Resort offer private balconies, with upgrades available for multi-room suites with jetted tubs. Wireless Internet connections and room service are available to all guests.

An elegant and airy resort, the Long Bay Resort offers a plethora of comforts and amenities, including an indoor/outdoor pool complex, 6 whirlpool tubs, a 250 foot lazy river, fitness center, an ocean-side restaurant and bar, ocean and pool activities, 24 hour concierge, and business facilities.

Long Bay Resort Amenities

• Beach (Direct Access)
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower