London to Paris on Eurostar

Paris, France

London to Paris on Eurostar Reviews

mistere mistere
Easiest way to travel to France Jun 23, 2011
The Eurostar is definitely one of the easiest ways to travel from the UK to France. Future development of Eurostar will mean that you'll be able to travel further into the UK and further into Europe.

I didn't actually get on the train from London, but instead got it from Ashford which is the last (and I think only) stop before you hit the channel tunnel. I was really impressed with this place though! The staff there were really nice and friendly, and I thought that was definitely what was needed to calm the nerves of some people! Especially considering a great deal of the people waiting to get on the train were going to Disneyland with their children.

I think one of the big downsides to Eurostar is the cost. I think it is still quite expensive, whether you book in advance or not. I personally would nearly always get a plane rather than Eurostar because it is bound to be cheaper.

That said, there are bonuses to getting on the Eurostar. It is quite quick at just over 2 hours and if you get off at Gare du Nord then you well situated to go to most places in Paris quickly.

All in all, I think Eurostar is a bit of a luxury! For the backpacker travelling around Europe this will rarely be the cheapest way to get to France from the UK. However, it is a good experience getting on a train in the UK and getting off the train in a different country!
nimic nimic
Best way to travel from London to Paris! Jun 23, 2011
It's the best way to get to Paris from London. Only a 2hour 15 minutes train ride there, and you can get it cheaper if you book earlier.

I got a one way ticket for about 20 Euro. The train experience was amazing! They had 3 travel classes, one being the Business Premier, Standard Premier and the Standard Class.

They'll really check you like in the airport, so make sure you don't bring any prohibited items.

And make sure you get to the train station on time, As they wait for NO ONE! :-P

You can check out their time-table at the Eurostar Website.

The EuroStar station in London is located at St.Pancras International, while the Paris one is at Gare Du Nord!

Hope you guys would have an amazing trip, just like i did :-)
prani06 prani06
London to Paris Jun 07, 2011
Fastest & easiest way to get to Paris. You're in Paris in 2 and half hours. It's reasonable if you buy the tickets in advance, otherwise it can get a little pricey. It takes you right into the city and you can hit the ground running!
tipsfortravellers tipsfort…
Nov 17, 2006
This past week I have been in Paris for work. I was staying at the Marriot on the glamorous Champs-Elysees.

I have stayed at this hotel 5 out of the 6 times that I have been to Paris in the last 2 years as that is where we have been meeting. I will post a fuller review of the hotel with some videos of the room. The location is great as it is slap bang on the Champs-Elysees • which it also makes it expensive for the same reason.

I travelled to Paris in the best way to do it, which is on the very wonderful Eurostar service that goes (currently) from Waterloo to Paris Gard De Nord. Next year this will change and it will set off from London St Pancras station (which is more North London and next to Kings Cross). It is moving there for a bunch of reasons that include that is where the even faster line will go to which cuts another 15 minutes off the trip to about 2 hours 15 minutes. It is also moving there as then it is handy for Kings Cross where the trains heading up to the North / Scotland set off from so provides better feed for travellers.

People get a bit confused sometimes with the "Channel Tunnel" which is basically bankrupt due to the 6 billion dollars of debt it is in from the building, and the "Eurostar" which runs the train services between London/ Paris, London/ Paris Disneyland, London/ Brussels which are very busy and very profitable.

With the recent changes to the security processes at airports, it ahs made getting the train even better as although you do have screening it all goes much faster and much less stressful all in all as you don't have all the hanging about and then you arrive in the centre of Paris.

The train now has 3 classes. A Business carriage designed (not surprisingly) for business travellers that also get you access to some quite funky looking lounges. A "posh" leisure class that is basically like business but without the lounge access and is designed for people on holiday and with kids especially and then the regular class. The Business and "posh" leisure also get drinks and at seat food service, which is pretty much like airline food and not that great but fine.

I don't know why people fly from London to Paris as is much more hassle and especially getting from Paris airports into town. Although can drivers at rush hour hate taking you from central Paris to the Eurostar terminal as they say traffic is busy and they cannot get fares (as they have to join a long queue of cabs to pick up passengers).

Some people say they are worried about being in a tunnel under all that water. This seems a bit crazy to me as you don't have any real sensation of being in a tunnel and at night if they di not tell you that you were entering the tunnel you would have no idea when you were in or out it!

I have made a podcast about the building of the channel tunnel if you are interested in hearing it. It is a chapter in a book I am working on!

Right click this link to download the fileor visit
addie_620 says:
so how much is it for a one way ticket from london to paris, im gonna be traveling there in late august. Thanks for the review, very helpful!
Posted on: May 29, 2007
sdbleve says:
Does anybody else find it amusing that the train from London to Paris originates from the station named after a battle where the English crushed the French
Posted on: Nov 21, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About London to Paris on Eurostar

Current draft intinery
Weds 2nd April - arrive in UKThus 3rd AprFri 4th Apr - sightseeing in London. Sat 5th Apr - family birthday get together. Food & drink shopping. Sun 6th Apr - family lunch out, maybe Southend…Eurostar from London to Paris. Sat 12th Apr - Paris. Sun 13th Apr - Paris. Mon 14th Apr - Eurostar
Eurostar from Paris to London, and flop day at Sissinghurst
I'm sitting here on the AA flight from Heathrow to Chicago with a mild grin on my face. I'm normally upset about flying back home and leaving England, but this time, this whole trip has been such a s… I'm sitting here on the AA flight from Heathrow to Chicago with a mild grin on my face. I…
EuroTrip 2007: The Soundtrack*
Just as we were becoming fluent in British, we done went and switched countries and languages.   We arrived in gay Paris today.    We took the EuroStar train from London to Paris,…Paris today.     We took the EuroStar train from London to Paris , and it was quick, easy…

Check Paris Hotel Deals