London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse

0344 335 1000

London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Reviews

Vikram Vikram
No wonder it always wins 'best airport lounge' awards! Aug 24, 2017
Virgin Atlantic, BA's biggest rival (or so they like to think!) has in the last few years been doing its darnest best to beat BA at its game. From several airline tie-ups, selling nearly half of its stake to Delta and entering into a JV with them on the North America flights, they are definitely taking their game very seriously. And part of that is improving the end to end passenger experience, not just in-flight but on ground as well.

I'd read about the Virgin Clubhouse many years ago - not just how they created a product to rival BA's (now abysmal) Biz lounge, but also how it would almost always feature in the "top 10 biz lounges in the world" reviews time after time. So I have to say that I was extremely chuffed that I could try them out.... and they didn't disappoint!

Located on the first floor at T3, the typical Virgin themes are apparent: the red, brown and purple. You're welcomed by a concierge team of 4-5 ladies that view your boarding card, and welcome you by name.

On entry into the lounge, I sat down for a cup of coffee (fresh latte prepared and brought to my table by a very happy crew instead of the self service coffee machines). I had booked myself for a free massage at noon. And shortly after that and a nice hot shower, I settled in for the a la carte lunch. I ordered a very tasty mint/pea soup, a ratatouille salad and chocolate/vanilla-bean dessert. As I was getting late for my flight, I asked if it all could be brought out at once. Food was not only brought out promptly, but also in very elegant style.

The most impressive thing about this lounge is the attention to detail, and their best to make the whole experience truly feel "premium".

If I had to pick any drawbacks of this lounge, it would be two: the lack of self printing facilities (I'm not emailing my docs to someone to get it printed) and that it can be a little noisy at times, very few "quiet zones".

Lounge amenities include:

self service or ready-to-order meals

a barber shop

spa with free facials (challenging getting a booking though)

shower with a "sauna" facility (which was quite useful)

quiet area

restaurant area

foosball and squash tables

balcony /terrace that overlooks T3

Bar

Kids' play area

All said and done though, and even though I hate having to compare it to BA's, my overall VS experience (both in-flight and on the ground) has been vastly superior.
the general lounge area
the general lounge area
Spa
Barbershop
Vikram says:
Thanks. It was a great experience. And with airlines bringing so many cuts to elite membership criteria and benefits, I'm making the most of it whilst it lasts
Posted on: Sep 09, 2017
Ils1976 says:
never experienced it myself, but great review!
Posted on: Sep 09, 2017

Compare Staines Hotel Rates (5.9km away)

Heathrow Map