London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse

0344 335 1000

London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Reviews

Vikram Vikram
No wonder it always wins 'best airport lounge' awards! Aug 24, 2017
Virgin Atlantic is a self proclaimed rival of BA's, and has in the last few years been doing its darnest best to beat BA at its game. From several airline tie-ups, selling nearly half of its stake to Delta and entering into a JV with them on the NA flights, they are definitely taking their game very seriously.

And along with that, also comes improving the end to end experience for the customer, not just in-flight but the ground experience as well. And as I always say, it's the end customer that tends to benefit.

I'd read about the Virgin Clubhouse many years ago - not just how they created a product to rival BA's (now abysmal) Biz lounge, but also how it would almost always feature in the "top 10 biz lounges in the world" reviews time after time.

So I have to say that I was extremely delighted, thanks to my Delta tier status that I could try them out.... and I can safely say they didn't disappoint!

Located on the first floor at T3, the typical Virgin themes are apparent: the red, brown and purple.

Lounge amenities include:

self service or ready-to-order meals

a barber shop

spa with free facials (challenging getting a booking though)

shower with a "sauna" facility (which was quite useful)

quiet area

restaurant area

foosball and squash tables

balcony /terrace that overlooks T3

Bar

Kids' play area

If I had to pick any drawbacks of this lounge, it would be the lack of self printing facilities (I'm not emailing my docs to someone to get it printed) and that it can be a little noisy and overwhelming!

On entry into the lounge, I sat down for a cup of coffee (fresh latte prepared and brought to my table by a very happy crew). I had booked myself for a free massage at noon. And shortly after that and a nice hot shower, I settled in for the a la carte lunch. As I was getting late for my flight, I ordered a very tasty mint/pea soup, a ratatouille salad and chocolate/vanilla-bean dessert at once. Food was brought out promptly, and in very elegant style.

The most impressive thing for me in this lounge is the attention to detail, and their best to make the whole thing truly feel like a lounge and "premium". I hate having to compare it to BA's, but my overall VS experience (both in-flight and on the ground) has been vastly superior.
the general lounge area
the general lounge area
Spa
Barbershop
Vikram says:
Thanks. It was a great experience. And with airlines bringing so many cuts to elite membership criteria and benefits, I'm making the most of it whilst it lasts
Posted on: Sep 09, 2017
Ils1976 says:
never experienced it myself, but great review!
Posted on: Sep 09, 2017

Compare Staines Hotel Rates (5.9km away)

Heathrow Map