Londo Bungalow 1 & 2

londobungalows@hotmail.com, Ubud, Indonesia
Londo Bungalow 1 & 2 - Downstairs bed.
Londo Bungalow 1 & 2 - Garden bathroom with hot water and flush toilet.
Londo Bungalow 1 & 2 - View from upper veranda.
Londo Bungalow 1 & 2 - Elkang, Ngirkungiil, and Kemesong enjoying tea at Londo Bungalows 2.
Londo Bungalow 1 & 2 - Our bungalow at Londo Bungalow 2.

Check Ubud Hotel Deals

Londo Bungalow 1 & 2 Ubud Reviews

Reephboy Reephboy
Dec 13, 2005
Londo Bungalow 2, in Campuan, Bali, just west of Ubud, is a quiet and isolated retreat from fast paced travel. Set in a lush garden, on the edge of a large rice field, and accessed by footpaths leading from a rural outskirt village of Ubud, Londo Bungalow is a dream in green. If you thought Ubud was tranquil, you will find this a little piece of nirvana.

The manager is very accommodating and will negotiate prices depending on the length of your stay. Our room was two-story with two double beds and a nice large private bathroom with flush toilet and warm water. There was a nice porch area downstairs with outdoor furniture and a small table, and upstairs there was a furnished veranda overlooking the rice field. Additionally, a fully functioning kitchen with a small refrigerator allows you to prepare your own meals or keep refreshments on hand. Fans are provided, though it got pretty cool at night. Breakfast is provided with coffee, and hot green tea is available all day. We paid just under $20US/night, split between three of us.

Downtown Ubud is a 20 minute walk. There are several restaurants, shops, and spas nearby (10-15min) on Jalan Raya Campuan. Also within short walking distance are some nice museums, art galleries and a full grocery.

Note: the bungalows are about a 5-10 minute walk from any sort of road. Access is by footpath that weaves between walls, up and down stairs and slopes, and alongside the rice irrigation stream. Packing your bags in should be done mindful of this, and the wet, sometimes slippery paths.

Also: Londo 2 consists of 3 two-story bungalows while Londo 1 has 4 two-story bungalows. Londo 1 is a bit closer to the road. Each bungalow is unique, inside and out. They may vary in area, furnishing, setting, and age, but basic amenities are consistent.
Our bungalow at Londo Bungalow 2.
Garden bathroom with hot water and…
Downstairs bed.
View from upper veranda.
kirstenmilnenz says:
Hi there
This was a very helpful review thanks, as I am wanting to stay in Penestanan amongst the rice paddies. I would like to pre-book my accommodation this time as I only have 5 days in Ubud, 10 in Bali total. Can you remember which of the Londo bungalows (I think there might be 4) would have the best rice paddies view? I like the 'verandah upstairs/look out over the rice paddies' type of experience. I have been to Penestanan twice before,I just cant remember the name of where I stayed to look up and pre-book. These Londo bungalows look authentic and peaceful. Cheers
Posted on: Jan 27, 2015
Reephboy says:
yeah for the price it was so worth it. we kept telling each other that it would be a really good honeymoon place or just romantic get-away (especially the place nextdoor). we were really content just sitting and drinking tea and looking out over the fields and listening to the birds. so peaceful.
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008