Lomeli's Italian Restaurant

www.lomelis.com - 310-323-7993

Lomeli's Italian Restaurant Gardena Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Lomeli's Italian Restaurant Mar 09, 2008
This place is truly a hidden gem in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. I've been going there since 1997 and it is also one of my "must haves" on visits back home.

This is truly a local's place and guaranteed you will see the owner, Carlo Lomeli, on almost every visit. Carlo opened this restaurant back in the late 70's and from what I hear, it's always shared this amazing popularity.

Everything I've tried on their menu over the years is fantastic and reasonably priced. They have dinner combinations that include a glass of wine, salad or soup, garlic bread, pasta with choice of sauce, and ice cream (spumoni or vanilla) for dessert, for around $9-$12.

For garlic lovers like me, they have a couple choices that definitely satisfy my desire to ward off vampires - their fresh tomato, basil, garlic w/olive oil option has fresh chopped garlic spooned all over. This last time I tried their seafood pasta - option of Alfredo or Italian style cooking (olive oil, butter, wine, lemon juice, generous amount of garlic & spices, served over angel hair). Needless to say, I couldn't come within 10 feet of anyone for two days but it was worth it!!! :-)

Their ravioli is another awesome option - they are the BIG ravioli's stuffed with either cheese, beef, chicken, or spinach. I definitely recommend the cheese ones. For those who are not big garlic fans, you can get plain bread and their other options are pretty mild (my Mom cannot eat garlic and she loves this restaurant).

Lomeli's also offers catering trays which are a great deal if you are having a get together elsewhere. That is actually how I found out about the restaurant as my old company had them cater a lot of events and lunches for us because we were such a large group.

Be warned, peak times like noon and around 6-8pm can elicit a wait time but trust me, it's worth it. The restaurant is very small, located in a strip mall off Van Ness and Redondo Beach Blvd in Gardena. (It's basically on the border of North Torrance, Redondo Beach, and Gardena).

The ambiance is great too - traditional red vinyl booths, dimly lit tables, waiters dressed in black (ask for Adam, he's the best!), and Carlo even sometimes making a personal appearance to your table when things slow down (which can be rare). Because of the lighting, I didn't want the flash of the bulb to disturb anyone so I don't really have any photos of the food!! Sorry Mel!!! :-)) The only photo I currently have is one of my seafood pasta in it's take out container....you can still see all the chopped garlic amongst the scallops though!!! YUMMMMM

If you go, make sure to check out Carlo's wife's hoola hoop awards and articles in the front of the restaurant. She's made the Guinness World Book of Records twice for most number of hoops!! (I read the last time was 82 hoops simultaneously for 3 revolutions!)
My leftovers - shrimp scampi and s…

Check Gardena Hotel Deals