Loire Valley

France

Loire Valley Reviews

camwilde camwilde
Literary School Trip in June 1994 Dec 19, 2012
I had the opportunity to live in France my Freshman and Sophomore years of High School. During this time, I went to school at L'Assomption (http://www.assomption-rennes.org/) for 3eme and 2nde.

For our class field trip in 2nde, we did a Literary Trip to the Loire Valley. The places we visited are described below. For a school field trip, it was very interesting and fit will with our ciriculum. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera so no photos. :(

Blois: Architecture of a Castle - Le Chateau de Blois was the residence of several Kings of France (Louis XII, Francois I, Henry III, Henry IV). It had each of their inputs (and their wives) in the construction of the various parts of the Castle.

Clos Luce (Chatea de Cloux): The Inventions of Leonardo di Vinci. It was in the mansion that Leonardo Di Vinci lived the last three years of his life. Today, it is a musuem dedicated to the invention of this genius.

La Devinière: Birth House of Rabelais - François Rabelais was a Renaissance man who is best know for Gargantua and Pantagruel. The museum in the house covers the works and life of Rabelais.

Seuilly: Visit the Abbey, cultural center of Rabelais. This is where Rabelais studied.

Sache: Visit of the Castle - This is the place where Honoré de Balzac wrote most of his books and is now a museum in his honor.
Map and Entrance Tickets for our S…
Schedule of our School Trip
antonella_df antonell…
Loire Valley Jul 21, 2011
I think it's one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites and it's the perfect place for wine connosseurs and people into nature and simple things of life. There are many cute, quaint medieval castles too.
France Map