Loft Hostel

553 8140

Loft Hostel Reykjavik Reviews

kaylee16 kaylee16
Popular place in the center of everything Aug 07, 2015
This hostel is located right on Reykjavik's main shopping street. It is in the middle of bars, resturants, stores, and other hostels. It is also quite close to the ocean. This hostel was the first I stayed at and it has given me high expectations for others. The reception, bar, and lounge are at the top of the building with the rooms on floor below. I thought because of this that there would be lots of noise from the bar or other rooms. However, I did not hear a thing. The beds were comfortable, sheets provided. The rooms were cozy and modern. There was a bathroom in the room (slept 4) with a glass shower. No towel provided so the floor gets wet after the shower, but nothing horrid. Lighting is also nice, however, it's on a timer so if you take a long shower you will wind up in darkness waving your hands about trying to reactivate the motion sensor.

The staff were very friendly and willing to give you advice on the best tours and bars to visit. They are always smiling and are very welcoming. It's no big deal if you check out a quarter an hour past check out time.

The price was high for a hostel, but everything in Iceland is expensive. I was able to find a cheaper hostel for the following nights and decided to move there.

Overall I was very happy with the hostel. I met some great people there and appreciated the convienent location.

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals