Local's Houses At The End Of Palolem Beach

Palolem, India

Local's Houses At The End Of Palolem Beach Reviews

jameshendicott jameshen…
For the adventurous traveler, this is an unbelievable opportunity to get culturally involved Nov 24, 2010
Now, I want to emphasize that this is absolutely not for people who like their creature comforts: you'll be showering using a bucket, sleeping on a hard bed and sharing a sqaut toilet, but the experience is something special.

I went during the Ganesh festival and rarely involved myself with the tourists on the main beach. Instead I had an amazing experience enjoy the fireworks and hanging out with a lcoal fishing family. The man of the house took me fishing on morning, and I treated them to their first ever take away pizza (the kids were practically begging!).

I also taught the kids some English. While the standard of accommodation is poor even for India, it's one of the best cltural things I've done.

Ask around for a family to stay with after crossing a small stream at the south end of Palolem Beach, and you should find somewhere. Apart from the peak Christmas season the cost should be extremely cheap, and Palolem is walking distance. My stay also included food from the family. Extremely hard to leave, just be prepared for the fact that this is local level accommodation, and poor locals at that. If you can cope with that you'll have an incredible time. There's always the restaurants on the beach for an escape if you need it.
Palolem Map