Local House Restaurant

House No 65, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Local House Restaurant Dubai Reviews

vances vances
Camel Burgers! Feb 20, 2010
One of the very few regrets I had during the return to Dubai was missing the chance to eat at the Local House Restaurant. Before departing a friend had e-mailed me a CNN story about this venue’s latest offering – camel burgers! The eatery recently introduced the “camel quarter pounder” for six dollars and it has apparently been a big hit. Camel has long been a protein source in these environs, and the meat is touted to be very low in fat and cholesterol. Served on baked khameer (a yeasty regional bread), I was psyched to sample one.

Mark hadn’t heard about camel burgers when I shared my desire to visit the diner, but surprised me by letting me know I had already eaten there! When Mark, Samia and I walked about Bastakiya six years ago this is where we had popped in for lunch. During our stroll around Bastakiya Saturday evening we returned to freshen my memory, but opted for another place that Mark recommended.

So I missed out on sampling a camel burger, but wanted to alert you in hopes somebody can let me know whether or not it is a tasty treat!
Art on display at the Local House …
Samia and I at the Local House in …
Sweetski says:
Thanks for the heads-up on the Camel Burger, I'll let you know what they taste like If ever I get a chance to eat one :)
Posted on: Apr 17, 2010