Lobster Claw

(609) 494-0400

Lobster Claw Surf City Reviews

RuttiTootie RuttiToo…
Average seafood and slow service by the beach Aug 09, 2008
My friends and I walked to this establishment, which is conveniently located one block from the beach. It was a Saturday night and no reservations were made. Actually, I'm not even sure if they took reservations.

We waited nearly an hour to get seated and once we were seated it took another 15-20 minutes for our orders to be taken. The small breadbasket was barely enough for 4 people and we were 7 people total. We had to wait an additional 15 minutes or perhaps more for our beverages because "the dishes were in the dishwasher and they ran out of glasses". By glasses, I mean plastic tumblers. The salads finally arrived and we waited another 20-30 minutes for our entrees. I would say the food was good, but I was famished by the time I began eating dinner so anything would have been delicious at that time. I would have to say it was average or slightly above average at best.

The slow service could have been an isolated situation on this particular Saturday night, but I wouldn't recommend going to this restaurant. There are so many seafood restaurants on Long Beach Island that are around the same price range, serving better food and with at least mediocre service.

Check Surf City Hotel Deals