Living in Colorado

Colorado, United States

Living in Colorado Reviews

rsummo rsummo
Aug 18, 2007
(This is in respose to someone asking where in Colorado is a great place to live and work)

I've only been here a year and can only comment on a few places, but let me say that I absolutely love it and will never move back to the east coast. I live in Breckenridge, which is a great place to live, but a difficult place to work unless you want to work in the tourism industry. It is very seasonal, and requires that you have decent planning skills or low material needs. It is a beautiful mountain town, with incredible amounts of recreation and community events. The cost of living is high, buying a house will run at least 400k. I have friends from the east coast who moved out to Fort Collins, and they enjoy it there very much. It is a pretty cheap place to live, especially housing-wise, but somewhat hard to find work. What kind of work do you do? One of my friends in FC is a teacher and she had no problem getting work, but my other friend is involved in recreational administration, and he isn't having much luck. It is a college town with a really cool "old town" section, and reasonable amounts of recreation easily accessible, including rock climbing and white water rafting. It is also close to Rocky Mountain National Park. So to answer your inquiry, it depends on what you are looking for in terms of lifestyle, and what kind of work you are into. I am much happier here in Breck than I would be in Fort Collins, but I would take FC over where I used to live (Baltimore) any day of the week. I hope this helps some.
A view of Breck with the Ten Mile …
Colorado Map