Living Forest Oceanside Campground and RV Park

(250) 755-1755

Check Nanaimo Hotel Deals

Living Forest Oceanside Campground and RV Park Nanaimo Reviews

happykamper15 happykam…
Terrible management and customer service at Living Forest Campground Jul 09, 2012
We will never go back to Living Forest Campground after a devastating experience with security and management harassment the last time our family camped there. It started by security coming by our campsite at 11:00pm and telling us that it was quiet time now and to put our campfire out ( we have a propane fire ring ), which we thought was strange due to the fact that there were several other campers with fires still going. He said that they were allowed because they were resident campers, so we obliged and turned it off. Apparently he told the management that we were rude to him ( a LIE ), because after we got back home Living Forest management called us to "get some answers" as to what happened. My wife tried to explain what had happened, but it was clear that she (the manager) had her mind made up already. She was defensive and abrasive with my wife, she yelled at my wife, and she told us that security told her that somebody in our campsite had apologized to him for being rude already ( a LIE ). She also told us that every campfire has to be out at 11:00pm ( another LIE from security ) I think she needs some customer service skills training. We tried to talk to her and resolve the issue as we have camped there before many times and wanted to return.....but we will never camp there again. I will never recommend Living Forest Campground to anyone as the management does not care about their campers and I don't want anybody else to have the same bad experience we had.
Rokerij Rokerij
Camping Beside The Ocean Sep 09, 2011
This campground is another one of my top favorites for camping. We always book a special spot that has neighbors on one side and beach views on the other two. The campground rents kayaks and canoes and has a nice cafe overlooking the ocean that is popular for the morning coffee's.

The sites themselves aren't quite as private as some other campgrounds, but it isn't too open either.

The issues we had were the extremely small amount of bathrooms. There was 2 bathrooms that looked like it serviced maybe 40+ sites. This caused a large line-up just after dinner time and before bed. When you needed to go to the bathroom it really made you do a double take on quiet hidden spots to go in the wild. There was only 1 shower house and luckily for us the campground was full of french Canadians so the showers were always seemingly empty. :)

My major complaint about this campground was that wood cost $7 per bundle ($5 last year) and the bundle is whole logs, nothing split. Every other campsite we came across offered split wood for $5 a bundle. The bundle sizes were smaller then any we've seen before. If you can take your own wood or find a better place to buy it that would be best. There is an acreage on your way into the campsite that sells bundles of wood for $5 and they look bigger, unfortunately it is someone's home and their hours aren't exactly the best and never worked out for us. However, if you see them open it would be well worth saving the money and using them.
LadyAnabelise LadyAnab…
Living Forest, Nanaimo, BC, Canada Mar 26, 2011
We booked this campground for the Canada Day holiday and we were not disppointed. We left from Vancouver to Nanaimo by a ferry. I didn't know that it would be that far of walking. We thought we were going to take a bus but we missed the bus so we decided to walk. I had no idea how far I walked but it was really really far. I jumped with happiness when I saw the sign of the campground. We set our tent and prepare to cook dinner. We brought all the stuff we need for making dinner to cook on the bank of the river or lake. It was a nice spot to watch the sunset. I was very tired, without knowing, i fell asleep. We met some friendly people there and they invited us for dinner. They saved us from another day of Kraft dinner :)
Boarding the ferry
On teh ferry
Rokerij Rokerij
Oceanfront Camping Jun 29, 2010
Another great spot. My wife booked an ocean view site and we got an end spot on top of a hill over looking the ocean and Nanaimo around the bay. Beautiful site for sunset and sunrise. Just down the hill was a nice hiking trail that went along a river and was a great place for dogs to have a swim.

There are snakes. Being from a place without snakes this scared us, but they were harmless garder snakes.

My only complaint about this campsite was the fire pits suck. Ours had no air holes and our fire kept dying. We eventually gathered large rocks and built our own pit beside the campground provided pit and only then did we have a decent fire.

Check Nanaimo Hotel Deals