Little Tokyo

2277 Bet. Pasong Tamo and Amorsolo St., Makati City, Philippines

Little Tokyo Makati City Reviews

ted332 ted332
Having experienced Japanese food during my stay in Japan, I have always wished that there are restaurants in the Philippines that could serve authentic Japanese food just like the ones in Kansai. I do eat in Japanese restaurants in the Philippines occasionally, but the taste of the food served, although satisfying, doesn’t really come close to the authentic Japanese taste.

I’ve read blogs that were published about this little secret in Makati City area that serves genuine Japanese food. The place is called LITTLE TOKYO. I have promised my Japanese travbuddy friend working as an NGO volunteer in Manila, that we will go to Little Tokyo to have dinner before he returns to Osaka after his 6-months volunteer work. Together with another Filipino TB, we went to Little Tokyo for dinner.

LITTLE TOKYO is not difficult to find. It is located between Amorsolo St. and Chino Roces Avenue(Pasong Tamo). To be more specific, it is beside Makati Cinema Square.

The place is a small compound of small restos and bars. To get inside, there is an entrance ark beside SERYNA Restaurant. Once inside the compound, you get to feel the Japanese ambiance – zen garden, lanterns, hiragana and katakana signboards, small wooden tables, sushi bars,etc. It was so hot when we got inside so I didn’t feel the Japanese ambiance much. I felt so much like I was in humid Manila. But when we entered the airconditioned HANA restaurant and the sound from a Japanese cable TV being shown on a wall plasma monitor was so audible, memories of Japan immediately flashed into my mind.

For starters, I wanted to try basic Japanese food so we ordered for okonomiyaki, takoyaki, yakisoba, kushi age, and kaki goori(Japanese halo-halo or Japanese cendol) for dessert.The okonomiyaki toppings, just like the ones served in Osaka restaurants, are all there: Japanese mayo, okonomiyaki sauce, and aonori(dried seaweed) There was a long list of food to try on the menu, but we opted for the basic and thought of coming back for the rest later. Sushi and sashimi are so common everywhere so we dropped it out of the choices.

And the food was served. And yes, I finally tasted authentic Japanese food once again. To make sure that I wasn’t just imagining it to be authentic, I asked my Japanese TB friend, if he thinks the food is really authentic Japanese food and he said, YES.

As to the price, it is a little bit on the pricey side but for me it is just fair as the quality justifies the value.
inside the compound
camille616 says:

I'm a huge fan of Noda Sho.
i love their concept of VIP rooms inside where you have to take of your shoes when you dine. it's soooo cool!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2012
ted332 says:
Thanks, Patrick! You like Jap food too? Try Little Tokyo and enjoy! :)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2010
Patrickjohnsrv says:
Good article, these are great little places to get some great Japanese food. The takoyaki is a must try!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2010
cookeymuncher cookeymu…
A Compound of Japanese Restaurants and Bars in Makati Mar 05, 2010
List of Restaurants in Little Tokyo:

Noda Sho

Kagura - Serves the famous onomiyaki (sort of like a Japanese pizza) Must try this!

Seryna - I've tried this one!

Fuji Health

Kiku Fuji

restaurants inside little tokyo
Airportman says:
Yummy! :)
cookeymuncher says:
I like tempura, tonkatsu, yakiniku, ramen, noodles, teriyaki.. :-D
Airportman says:
Yes, I love japanese food, especialy the okonomiyaki. But also tempura and sushi. What about you?

Check Makati City Hotel Deals