Little Tea Shop

Little Tea Shop - Judy chatting with the restaurant's owner

Little Tea Shop Memphis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Divine Dining Experience Dec 01, 2009
I didn't really know anything about the Little Tea Shop before eating here. I came across it on a website while doing Memphis research, and thought it'd be a nice place to try. Little did I know, this would be the greatest dining experience I've had. It was absolutely DIVINE.

The restaurant was easy to find, right downtown on Monroe. They are only open for lunch, and are quite busy. But, we were able to be seated right away, and our waitress was an absolute delight. She's been working at the restaurant for forty years, and she made us feel like we were eating at her family table.

Each customer fills out their own card, and after much deliberation, I opted for collard greens, okra & tomatoes, and a side salad -- a truly Southern meal (my grandma would have been proud). We were also served complementary corn sticks, mmm, mmm. The meal was incredible. The food was delicious; we followed up with peach cobbler a la mode.

The restaurant is decorated with pictures of patrons and celebrities. While eating, my co-traveler noticed the man sitting at the next table over was pictured behind me.

Before we left, we spoke with the owner, who was manning the cash register. She was quite friendly, sharing a little bit of the history of the restaurant and her involvement. The Little Tea Shop opened in 1918, and she bought it in 1982.

I would DEFINITELY recommend the Little Tea Shop and I will return if I make it back to Memphis!
The Little Tea Shop
Filling out my menu-card
Corn sticks
A truly Southern meal -- okra & to…

Check Memphis Hotel Deals