Little Qualicum Cheeseworks

403 Lowrys Road, Parksville, Canada
(250) 954-3931
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - One of my favourite shots
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - The grazing fields looking into the lovely Canadian landscape
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - More signs
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - More of the moutainous landscape I've come to love about Canada
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - One the best things about this place - the signs!
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - Cheese shop in bright red

Little Qualicum Cheeseworks Parksville Reviews

Vikram Vikram
A cheese shop with a dose of humour! May 27, 2012
Now this is the sort of place I like! Based in Nanaimo, I was looking for light/stress free things to do and the lady at the hostel front desk suggested I go here. When she said "cheese factory", the 1st thing that went through my head was "yummm... free samples!".

I'm a major lover of cheese, and you can't go wrong with this place. Getting here was a bit confusing - you do take a turn off the highway but then you enter a proper residential neighbourhood, then go past it and enter what looks like a forest area. I was thinking I've lost my way (even the stupid GPS wasn't working).

But once in, it was a breeze. The cheese shop also has wine sampling (you gotta pay for that), but their varieties of cheese are amazing. And they have such nice names too, like "Naughty Julie"! They have a flavour of the week. My favourites were the chilli curds and the raspberry/strawberry cheese (which tasted essentially like cheesecake).

They also have various animals in the farm on display for customers. In one grazing area, one can pet a few goats and sheep as well (not kidding, saw a couple do it but I was too scared as the animals looked dirty. God save me getting bitten and contracting some disease!) But their signs are a hoot - I've taken pix of a few.

There's a trail that one can take but I had other things to get to in the day so skipped it. But I'm sure it would've been lovely. It's lovely farmland with the majestic white mountains in the background.
One the best things about this pla…
Cheese shop in bright red
The grazing fields looking into th…
More signs
vances says:
Hope this gets featured, Vikram - a terrific review and I love having these out-of-the-way spots revealed!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2012