Little Next Door

8164 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA, USA - (323) 951-1210

Little Next Door Los Angeles Reviews

lisa lisa
Very cute but super slow, snooty service Nov 30, 2008
Terribly slow service and an ignorant, snooty French waiter left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the day. But the desserts and baked goods looked tasty.

My Mom and I ordered:

- broccoli soup (very fresh)

- pomegranate salad (never tasted it, as explained below)

- butternut squash ravioli appetizer (eh)

- fruit salad (micro cup for $6)

- leek and gruyere tart (delicious but worth the wait?)

After munching on bread for 20 minutes after ordering, we began to wonder when our food was going to come out. Finally the ravioli and soup came out, but the 3 little ravioli on the dish were cold, so we asked for a new one. This time it was better, but forgettable. The broccoli soup was freshly made and delicious! It was filling enough to be a meal.

After those plates were cleared, we waited ANOTHER 30 minutes. This time we were pretty upset and were ready to leave. How long does it take to put together a fruit salad and pomegranate salad, and reheat a tart that is sitting in the deli case?? As we stood up to leave, the waiter came out with the rest of our dishes. I complained that it had taken too long so we would refuse the dishes. With his snooty French accent, our waiter said unapologetically,

"We do not have a microwave; we make everything fresh here. If you want fast food, you can go to McDonald's. But we do not serve fast food here."

Seriously? There is a difference between enjoying a leisurely meal and waiting forever for a simple salad to come out. I didn't appreciate being treated like idiots.

Still, we opted to stay and try the leek and gruyere tart, which was made "fresh from scratch!" in the kitchen, supposedly, and took an hour to cook. He offered us the pomegranate salad, but we took one look and sent it back. It was literally a mound of arugula with a few pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.

The waiter gave us a Pot de Creme, a super rich chocolate pudding, on the house to make up for the long wait. He also comped us for the tart.

However, as we thanked him, he replied, "Xie xie," which is Mandarin for Thank you, but we are not Chinese... I find it very ignorant when people assume your ethnicity based on your looks.

My Mom and I wanted to have a nice lunch on a sunny day, but we left the Little Next Door feeling very unwelcomed and offended by the service.
TRE69 says:
Congrats on the featured review but sorry your dining experience was offensive! Thanks for the heads up about this place though.
X_Drive says:
First, congratualations on your fifth featured review!
My experiences have found the more expensive, the less likely I am to appreciate the meal. Always something missed, or badly prepared.
Hope your holiday season improves!! :D
Kana says:
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. Don't you just hate people like that?! Thank you for sharing so that we won't have to put up with such a place. "Xie xie" to you?! That is pathetic! :(

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals