Little Joe's Food & Spirits

11518 S. Saginaw, Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Little Joe's Food & Spirits - I've been on a red beer kick lately, so it's Killian's for me.
Little Joe's Food & Spirits - Their Reuben, probably the only thing I don't like on the menu.
Little Joe's Food & Spirits - These must be the 'locals'
Little Joe's Food & Spirits - I put some 't''s in my BEER . . . and made it beTTer!
Little Joe's Food & Spirits - Daily menu featuring 15 beers on tap.
Little Joe's Food & Spirits - Their taps, and it looks like there still may be an empty one or two.

Little Joe's Food & Spirits Grand Blanc Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Little Joe's, a classic hometown restaurant . . . where the locals hang out. Mar 22, 2010
Little Joe's is your classic hometown restaurant . . . where the locals hang out!

The restaurant originally opened in 1935, and moved just a short distance down the road in 1936, where it remains today. It's a strip of old brick and wood buildings original to downtown Grand Blanc. Close to Warwick Hills, former home of the Buick Open, the restaurant has thrived with a loyal following.

In 1993 it received it's 2nd set of owners, who have maintained its reputation of those first 77 years. If you look around you can spot small details and memorabilia from those years that give it it's ambiance. And since it's a hometown restaurant, you'll see lots of the sport bar inclusions featuring local students to the State College teams. There's also some TV's and a large screen for viewing sports. Golf is almost always on, after all this was the home of the Buick Open.

Lighting is all Tiffany and arts-in-crafts in style. Although the restaurant is a little dark, it's still very comfortable to see. It's actually the right amount of darkness and the lighting is part of the charm, with all the stained glass diffusing the light.

There are lots of large tables, set for 6 that can quickly and comfortable seat 10 if needed. I like that there's many large tables, so even with a large group you don't have to wait long. They've hit that right balance here to, lots of table options and still plenty of room.

The hostess station is well run, their system works. Even if people standing along the entire hallway & outside, the line is still reasonable and worth waiting out.

Our waitress was friendly, quick & efficient. She's the type that doesn't take any gruff . . . and doesn't need to. Someone asked what was on tap and she rattled off 15 brews, many of them micro-brews or local to the State. She never even had to think about it!

Food is standard pub style fare. American, Italian and Mexican options, plus pizza. We had considered ordering pizza, but she forewarned us it would be a minimum of a 45 minute wait for one. They sell a lot of take-out pizza.

Our appetizer came out quickly and was hot. And just as we finished, our meal came out. Well 4 of them did. But they were really busy and we had both ordered a meal that required a longer cook time. It came when she said it would, and everyone else was still eating.

They have 15 beers on tap with a large chalkboard on each side of the bar listing today's selections. If you like to sit at the bar there's almost always a seat or two. Most people sit at tables.

We really enjoyed Little Joe's. It's just good classic family & local food favorites. Although it can be loud, there's that right balance again because you can still hear each other talk. Just the right amount of everything for a small town hang-out.
I put some "t"'s in my BEER . . . …
These must be the "locals"
Daily menu featuring 15 beers on t…
I've been on a red beer kick latel…
TravellingAuntie says:
Sounds like a great place!
Posted on: Mar 07, 2010
Africancrab says:
Wow! Nice information, thanks for sharing. Friendly service is always a plus in my books.
Posted on: Mar 07, 2010