Little India

Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Little India Kuala Lumpur Reviews

himmats himmats
A street of Indian Market, Food and stores selling all sorts of Indian items. Dec 04, 2011
Brickfields is also tagged as a "Divine Location" as many religious structures, some over 100 years old, are concentrated in the area, particularly Jalan Berhala. The aptly named road ("Berhala" means shrine) houses the Buddhist Maha Vihara Temple, the Arulmigu Sree Veera Hanuman Temple, and the Sri Sakthi Karpaga Vinayagar Temple.

The Sri Kandaswamy Temple is one of the most prominent Sri Lankan Tamil or Ceylonese Tamil temple located along Jalan Scott. It is huge and showcases rich Tamil architecture and has become a popular tourist attraction in Kuala Lumpur. This temple is 104 years old now. They provide religious services such as house warming ceremonies and child 31st day ceremony. The Kalamandapam hall which was officiated by the 2nd Prime Minister of Malaysia holds wedding ceremonies and is also owned by this temple.

Both the Sri Kandaswamy Temple and Buddhist Maha Vihara (Sinhalese) stand testament to the influence of Sri Lankan/Ceylonese influence on Brickfields.

A sprinkling of churches of different denominations can also be found here. Among the larger churches in the area are the Holy Rosary Church (est. 1903), Our Lady of Fatima, and the Zion Lutheran Church. Most of which are located along Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad. There is also an Indian orthodox church called the St. Mary's Orthodox Syrian Cathedral in Jalan Tun Sambanthan Satu.

There is a Surau (small mosque) located on Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad called Madrasatul Gouthiyyah. This mosque is mainly attended by Indian-Muslims, and the sermons are sometimes conducted in Tamil. Finally, another major landmark in Brickfields is the 50 year old Three Teachings Chinese Temple along Jalan Thambillay.

Being the Little India of Kuala Lumpur, it has numerous shops that are owned by Indian businessmen. There are spice shops, grocery outlets, sweet and snacks shops, textile shops, goldsmiths, hotels, restaurants, food stalls, printers and even flower stalls.

The Malaysian Institute of Accountant (MIA) headquarters can be found along Jalan Tun Sambanthan 3, which also contains a number of second tier audit firms scattered around. There are also plenty of law firms all over Brickfields area.

Brickfields is also known as a centre of prostitution. Jalan Thambipillay contains many brothels which operate round the clock with sex workers coming from around Southeast Asia and also local workers. Other popular businesses here is the printing and paper distribution business which is concentrated along Jalan Sultan Abdul Samad.
Night scene of Little India, Brick…
stellachina stellach…
great indian restaurants Mar 05, 2011
I found so many good indian restaurants there in Little India. The price was cheap and the food was unbelivably good! I still miss the deserts I had there, can't find them else where!

Related Travel Blogs About Little India

National monument, Little india
I always go to the war monuments. Maybe in my own way to pay respects to all those that fought for thier way of life and gave the ultimate price for the people of the country. First time to see anoth… I always go to the war monuments. Maybe in my own way to pay respects to all those that fought…
Running to Buses and 7 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
8:00!!!  We woke up when I happened to glance at my watch and it said 8:00, the time our bus was supposed to leave the forest for Jerantut.  Frantically we got out of bed, packed all of our…Little India, a neighborhood of Indians (like Chinatowns).  We found an internet place to check how the flights looked to see if we should leave Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia (S.E Asia trip part 1 of 3)
17th November 2009 Malaysia (S.E Asia trip part 1 of 3) Current Mood: Anxious! Category: Travel and Places   Boarding the plane for my 13 hour flight I was greeted by these stunning Malaysi…Kuala Lumpur there‚Äôs a region called Little India, but what I found out on my first night here is that…

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals