Little Anita's

(505) 292-4111

Little Anita's Albuquerque Reviews

e_w_richardson e_w_rich…
Sopaipilla Heaven Aug 04, 2012
Where do I begin? Great service, decent food, low prices, or how about the sopaipillas?! My wife and I flew into Albuquerque for a wedding and weren't familiar with the area at all. We both wanted Mexican food so I found the reviews for Little Anita's to be intriguing.

The salsa portion of the chips and salsa was magnificent. It was spicy but also good. Sometimes salsas are spicy but flavorless but this salsa found a happy medium. Then before we ordered my wife asked the waiter what a sopaipilla was and after describing it he brought us out two of them to try for free. I know some Spanish but I wasn't familiar with sopaipillas but have since learned that it means "sweet delicious puffy flatbread that couples wonderfully with honey." I'm not sure if that is a direct translation or not. We both decided to get combo plates which were very large and included the standard beans and rice. My plate included a cheese enchilada (pretty good), a beef burrito, and a pork tamale. My wife got a pork tamale and chicken enchilada. The only complaint that prevented this restaurant from 5 stars was the meat was a little dry.
iramalama says:
I still remember the salsa...so good!
Posted on: Aug 16, 2012
HuBison HuBison
Eat New Mexican food where the locals eat Jun 22, 2011
We were in a souvenir shop and ran into a fella who was from DC and was living out there now. We asked what the local dish was and we were told to have green chile, red chile or Christmas chile (a combination of both). We asked him where to go and Little Anita's was recommended. Little Anita's has a few locations on Albuquerque and we went to the one of Mountain Road on the corner of Rio Grande.

We only had to walk about 4 or 5 blocks and it was right on the corner. We were quickly seated and there were dried out chili hanging everywhere. Our waitress was really sweet. The salsa and chips they put on the table had a good spicy good. It was enough to make your mouth make extra saliva, but it wasn't spicy enough to make you cry...it was just right! I am not a big fan of Mexican food and ordered an open faced burger with green chile sauce. I put my burger together and it was pretty good; the fries were just OK, but the sopaipillas were GREAT! It's a fried dough treat that is served warm and you eat it with honey. It's almost tastes like a powder-free funnel cake.

It was a good stop and the place looked like it was full of locals, so if you're in Albuquerque, Little Anita's has 8 locations as well as 4 locations in Denver, Co. It's a worthy local stop for lunch or dinner.
Open faced cheeseburgers with gree…
iramalama iramalama
SW Yum Dec 10, 2009
Unfamiliar with Albuquerque, I decided to drive around randomly to find a local place to eat at. I exited I-40 near the I-25 interchange at University Blvd. and found Little Anita's on the corner of the first cross street north of the Interstate. It looked like a plain diner from the outside (and indeed it is), but I was happily surprised to find that the food was above the average quality of diner food.

The menu was primarily Mexican food but offered a few vanilla staple meals (chicken sandwich) and most of the options had a Southwest touch to it...like the green or red chili sauces (my favorite is the green).

The free appetizer of chips and salsa was good. And the salsa was deliciously spicy...I forgot to ask if it was a diner secret recipe (unlikely) or if I could pick up a bottle of it in the stores somewhere...that good.

The waitresses and cooks were very friendly and already familiar with many of the regular customers. The portions were large. I struggled to finish my plate. But the average cost of an entree was only about $8-9. They had several combo meals too. I'd recommend it to locals in the area or visitors passing through. Yum.

Check Albuquerque Hotel Deals