Lithium Club

Av. Potosi, Uyuni, Bolivia

Lithium Club Uyuni Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Tasty but cold Jul 31, 2011
After our three day salt flats tour, we wanted to go and eat at "La Loco" a restaurant that is highly recommended in my "Trotter" guide, but bummer, it was closed. Because it was really cold outside and we did not want to walk around any further, we went into "Lithium Club", further down the road.

The restaurant is easy to find as it is located on Avenida Potosí, the main road on which is also the clock tower and the venue does look very inviting both inside and out.

The place consists of two dining rooms: one in the front, with the bar and the large flat screen TV (on which they broadcast music events from a few decades ago like Live Aid, Tribute to Freddy Mercury etc...) and one in the back, which is larger, but I didn't visit that one.

The front room is cosy and there's a fire place but it did not give much warmth. Overall it was pretty cold in the restaurant, but frankly, where isn't it cold in Uyuni, this time of the year?

Service was pretty fast and there are menus in English with a very large choice. When we came in, there were two travel companions of ours having pizza with lama meat. As they couldn't finish it all, they offered us to taste a small slice. It was really delicious and I wanted to order one too, but sadly the pizza's were finished for today. They must have ran out of dough or other ingredients...

Instead I ordered a mixed meat brochette with beef, lama, chicken and chorizo and quinoa on the side. The order came rather fast and the meat looked really good, but sadly my food was cold when it came to the table. The meat was only lukewarm at best and the quinoa was really ice cold. I cannot tell whether my food was out too long in the chilly ambient temperature or if the quinoa was really intended to be cold. Too bad though because the meat was really tasty and tender, but cold food does not really comfort in this really cold environment.

My table mates who had ordered chicken and lama meat were also complaining about cold rice on the side and only lukewarm meat. While the left over pizza we tasted had been warm! Really puzzling though!

Therefore we skipped dessert and headed straight back to our warm hotel room. So yes the food in itself was more than alright, it just should have been warmer to deserve an A+ here.

Check Uyuni Hotel Deals