Literati Cafe

12081 Wilshire Boulevard, Brentwood, CA, USA - (310) 231-7484

Literati Cafe Brentwood Reviews

Eric Eric
Jan 12, 2007
Expensive but nice cafe only a few blocks west of the 405 on Wilshire Blvd. The only type of parking available is street parking or valet parking in the back (which is a bit unusual for a cafe) that is $2.50 for 2 hrs with validation. I had a vanilla latte which was pretty good, but still not as strong or satisfying as a vanilla latte from Peet's. The vanilla latte here had an odd aftertaste that, while not displeasing, did not do it for me.There are plenty of tables to sit at inside, but there are also little signs on each table that say "Please limit your stay to 45 minutes during peak times" -- a bit unfriendly, but good if you are trying to get a table for a brief amount of time, I guess. Overall, I got a mixed impression of this place as nice but stereotypically pretentious LA. Just like my vanilla latte - good at first take, but with an odd aftertaste.I was unable to connect to any free wireless networks at this location.
Inside of the cafe/bar.
My vanilla latte!
fredleal says:
i loved the nerdy remark at the end. essential!
Posted on: Jan 14, 2007
dlazzaro dlazzaro
Feb 24, 2007
An interesting place that is part restaurant and part cafe. I came one time at night when I was very hungry and had a meal off of the breakfast menu.

Although it has been a while since I've been to the Literati Cafe, it remember the meal as being very good, and the atmosphere as cozy and hip.

I didn't have any coffee, so I can't comment on its quality.

This is a favorite study hang out for both UCLA and USC students.

Check Brentwood Hotel Deals