Listin

20 Laugavegur, Reykjavik, Iceland
www.lystin.is - 552 8410
Listin - Lystin, Laugavegur 73 Reykjavik
Listin - course 2 halibot
Listin - course 3 the tenderloin after I already had a few bites ( blast! picture!)
Listin - dessert: chocolate brownie, mango ice and... i forgot

Listin Reykjavik Reviews

wipr wipr
gastronomic orgasm Aug 22, 2009
After eating very good at Hereford, Prir Frakkar and Braudbaer this one really topped it of. Lystin might not look it but as they say themselves: we prefer to spend the money on quality food, not on the interior design. The paper napkins were mayby a bit too much in that respect ;)

I had the four course Icelandic experience with wine sampling. That will throw you back a 8500ISK. In euro's that was €50, so not that extreme.

It was a gastronomic orgasm, so to say. I can't remember ever have eaten so well. The wines also really complement the dishes.

The place has three very enthousiastic chefs, and it shows.

I felt genuinly sorry for people who didn't order the same thing. But probably the other dishes ar also very good.

This is definately a must eat! if you can spare the money, but even if it's steep for you it is worth every penny!

In the mean time I went there a second time. Always tricky ofcourse. This time I had the 4 course surprise du chef with wine arrangement. Again also 8500ISK. This one can be adjusted according to your mood or what you had for lunch or whatever. Fish or meat or both etc.

Again it was just great. I added pictures of course 2,3 and 4 ( pic 1 got lost somehow) course 1 was a lovely seafruit thing.
Lystin, Laugavegur 73 Reykjavik
course 2 halibot
course 3 the tenderloin after I al…
dessert: chocolate brownie, mango …

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals