Lisa's Tea Treasures

www.lisastea.com - 408-247-3613

Lisa's Tea Treasures San Jose Reviews

meetcoconut meetcoco…
Jul 30, 2007
For the fit and fancy--or for people like me who want to pretend they are fit and fancy. =)

From the moment you enter to the moment you leave it is an experience worthwhile to try out even just once in your life.

You are properly seated at your table and the host points out all the accomodations on the table. Once you are ready to be served you ring a bell and immediately a server will come to your service. Their outfits are quite cute and quaint--a Victorianesque style of puffs, poofs and doilies galore.

The menu is quite impressive, a variety of things to try out. You can even select your bites depending on which country of flavors you'd like to try. I selected Louis XIV's Favorite (An Afternoon tea in France). A scone with Devonshire cream and preserves, Parisian Chicken Croissant tea sandwich, Roquefort Pecan tea sandwiches, Brie En Croute. The Parisian Chicken Croissant tea sandwiches are delicious! To accompany my meal our waitress recommended that I have the Champagne Raspberry tea.

The tea! Oh the tea! You get your own tea pot and its even wrapped in its own "warming blanket" so your drink stays nice and warm. The plateware and silverware were quite impressive considering that they are authentic from London (yes I checked the bottom of the plate) and local artists have their artwork displayed on the walls to sell. It's a quaint and charming place really.

Looks can be deceiving because although the portions look incredibly miniature you leave the restaurant feeling satisfied yet airy. The prices, yikes! but then again its the experience and the delicious treats that you are paying for. All worth it, though.

I can't wait to get a spot of tea again. I think I will be frequenting here often.

Check San Jose Hotel Deals