Lincoln Taverns

lincolntaverns.com - 814-643-0268

Lincoln Taverns Huntingdon Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Cave dwelling at it's finest! May 23, 2009
My mom and I went to the Lincoln Caverns after seeing a billboard on the side of the road and my mom enjoyed her experience at Penn's Caves (the only boat ridden cave tour) a couple years ago. This was a spur of the minute decision and neither of us were dressed for the occasion... we were both in summer clothes and the temperature in the caves were about 50 Degrees F and I had worn out birkenstock sandles on and was afraid I might slip... but neither of those were concerns as the tour wasn't anything hard to walk and was fine in the not so kosher shoes and they had extra jackets for those who didn't dress warm enough! So that was a relief!

We went on Saturday and got to be the last tour of the day at 5PM so we had to wait in the gift shop; so of course there are alot of souveniers to buy such as a pressed penny, some jewelry made of stones and you can even go panning for your own metals! I wanted to do that but didn't =*(

The first part of the tour was in one cave for 40 minutes or so... the entrance to the cave is a newer entrance and the old entrance is across the street (which is why I said don't listen to the GPS when it says turn right instead of left in the directions on how to get there)...

The tour guide, Tyler, was very informative... you could tell that he liked his job... he was very interested to answer any questions that anybody in the group had and the kids of the other people in the group loved asking him questions and making comments! He also showed us really cool things that we may not have seen otherwise; such as fossilized snail, a frog in the cave and a bat hanging upside down!

The cave is lit up by lights throughout the cavern so the shadows on the wall make interesting patterns... The workers there named them themselves and I also put names on them like Jaba the Hut and the Punisher! And if you go during Halloween they put black lights and such up in the cave to give it an eerie feel... infact one section still has the black lights up!

If you're in Central Pennsylvania I definitely suggest going to the cavern... it's great for all ages and while there you can even get brochures for other caves! Which my mom picked up so be sure to keep an eye out on my blog as I should be putting more caverns up... I just want to find one I can actually go splunking in so if anyone has any insight on that let me know!
Entrance
Snail outide the cave
Frog in the cave
Jaba the Hut (or as the workers at…

Check Huntingdon Hotel Deals