Lincoln Diner

717-334-3900

Lincoln Diner Gettysburg Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
An authenic American diner at Lincoln Diner May 27, 2010
The Lincoln Diner is a classic American diner. Often I'll see a question about where an authentic American diner can be found. This is it!

Susan an I had dinner at Lincoln Diner after we found nearly every other restaurant in Gettysburg was closed by 9:00 p.m. But we were glad we had an opportunity to experience it. Lincoln Diner is open 24/7. It has the classic chrome and metal diner construction and is brightly lit inside and out. The main dining area has booths along one side with a counter in the middle. Individual cereal boxes lined the shelf above the counter. At one end of the counter was a round glass display case with the featured pies of the day.

The food. Classic American diner fare. Breakfast always served. I had a bacon cheeseburger and Susan a patty melt. Both came with French fries. As we enjoyed our burgers, local people came and went. Like in a film, they stopped to pass the time of day with one another and to chat up the waitresses.

Lincoln Diner accepts only cash and traveler's checks.
Lincoln Diner at night
Lincoln Diner
anupa_rk says:
I'm one of those who's always asking that question about authentic American diners! I know where to head to now! ;)
Posted on: Jun 04, 2010