Lincoln Castle

Castle Hill, Lincoln, United Kingdom
01522 782040
Lincoln Castle - Front view of the main building
Lincoln Castle - George III
Lincoln Castle - Garden by the ramparts (See the construction behind)
Lincoln Castle - The half cut ornate tree
Lincoln Castle - The half cut ornate tree

Lincoln Castle Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Not the best in the world, but affordable enough for a looksee Sep 25, 2013
And so we have it - the Castle that's 2nd only to Lewes as being one of the few remaining castles in England with a motte. A what?? Well we have the definition for you here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motte-and-bailey.

Outside of that, the Castle is easy to locate. There are 2 big attractions in Lincoln, the Castle and the Cathedral and both are on opposite sides of each other in Castle Hill, that's at the end of the Steep Hill road (which is at the end of the high Street). So yes, easy!

The day I went unfortunately was a bad day as there was major renovation work going on in the Castle and as result of which, I wouldn't be let into the buildings. I later found out it that wasn't just this day, but it'll be renovated for the next few months, some work of which includes a new spanking display for the Magna Carta.

That left me with pretty much a boring garden, the ramparts (again, partially closed due to construction) and the much talked about statue of George III and the Eleanor Tree. I probably spent about 15 grand minutes here, and that too, 10 of which were spent by one of the towers taking fabulous pictures of the Cathedral!

I'd love to recommend the place but frankly, I don't know much about it myself!
Front view of the main building
George III
Garden by the ramparts (See the co…
X_Drive says:
Not only do you miss the best parts, but writing a review is just sad. And you probably missed some great photos too!! You did nicely on yours though. :D
Posted on: Nov 01, 2013
Vikram says:
Tell me about it!
Posted on: Oct 31, 2013
X_Drive says:
Isn't it frustrating to go to a nice site and find it closed due to work. :(
Posted on: Oct 31, 2013