Limau Limau Cafe

+6 012 698 4917

Limau Limau Cafe Malacca Reviews

vix1 vix1
Kitsch Cafe in China Town Apr 08, 2012
This is a lovely, quirky little cafe in the China Town area of Malacca (or Melacca or Melaka - or whatever the correct spelling is - I can't figure it out!)

We identified it by finding the bush that slightly obscures the front of the cafe and although it looks a little small from downstairs, if you go upstairs you get a much better feel for the place, however mind the stairs - although I'm assuming that if you are travelling through Malaysia you will be used to stairs that are slightly too high and slightly too narrow!!

The mix of antique furniture, contemporary art photographs, paintings and the abundance of them gives this place a kitsch feeling that feels very unique and different in Malaysia (reminds me of the Shoreditch area of London - which is maybe why I liked it so much - almost a home from home).

It's not just the decor that gives this place the five star rating - oh no, the food is also amazing, hands down the best milkshake that I had in South East Asia, I had here, I'm salivating at the thought of it, a lychee milkshake - gorgeous. There are also less exotic milkshake choices and some great breakfast/brunch deals.

Dinner is also good here, but make sure you get there at a decent time to get the better upstairs tables - a great little place and highly recommended.
Limau Limau
jenniferhibbard says:
Great review! Sounds like a good find.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2012