Lima's Airport - arriving / leaving Lima

Lima, Peru
Lima's Airport - arriving / leaving Lima - airport fee, one of the most expensive. Only take cash!

Lima's Airport - arriving / leaving Lima Reviews

TheNomad TheNomad
Lima Aug 18, 2011
Make sure when you get out of the airport you walk down just a bit and get one of those taxis. Negotiate the price before hand 35 soles is fine unless you need to go to Mira Flores which is around 50 soles. If you plan to buy anything "---" get it from teh taxi driver you dont want to ask anyone in the street. Its only takes a few minutes and they wont look at you like your crazy.
yadilitta yadilitta
Lima's airport - code LIM Jul 27, 2009
Lima's airport didn't use to be very nice, but now it's a very good one. It's well organized and clean - well surroundings aren't that nice, but inside is neat.

I can say that's a different world inside and outside it. If you are coming for 1st time to Peru, it might be a shock leaving the airport because there are so many people outside and it's located in the industrial area of the city, so don't expect a nice view.

If you are arriving from an international flight, you must do customs, with might not take long, unless there are many flights arriving at same time. Once you are done, you have to pick up your bags. The are free carts to help you carrying your heavy luggage. You don't need to pay anything for using them. The officers will check you are taking your bag instead of someone else's one. Then have to do another line. This one if funny. You have to press a button. If the light turns green, you are free to go. But if it turns red, they have to check your stuff.

You'll see a lot of taxi drivers and people waiting for their friends and relatives. I highly recommend to arrange an airport transfer with the hotel/hostel or with a friend. Taking any taxi at the street can be dangerous, also this area is not so nice.

If you have to do a transfer and stay at the airport, it won't be so bad. There is wi-fi and there are new restaurants and shops, so you won't get too bored.

One thing you have to keep in mind when you are leaving Lima is that we have to pay an airport fee - yes, it's crazy!

If you're taking a domestic flight, it costs: US$6. And if you're taking an international one, it costs: US$31. They don't take a credit card, so just save some cash for your departure.

At the entrance they will ask you for your passport and the flight ticket.

The airport has a good website (, where you can find useful info and also the timetable from all the flights. Before arriving to Lima, check it, so you'd be able to give the correct details to the person who's gonna meet you there.

Welcome to Lima!
Lima's Airport at night
airport fee, one of the most expen…
yadilitta says:
Si Si Si!!!!! I am happy we agree, I do not like conflict lol
Posted on: Jul 27, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Lima's Airport - arriving / leaving Lima

Enjoying the layover in FLL and meeting a new friend. Can't ask for more, :P
Flight was fine. I took a nap and before noticing it we were already landing in Fort Lauderdale. There was one thing in my mind the whole time... While Francisco was planing the Meet Up, there was a …leave to Lima, thanks!!! Well, it took us longer to meet at the airport than what it took to him to arrive
So long South America
My flight from Cusco to Lima leaves today at 4:30 PM.  Thought I would call American Airlines one last time to see if they would change my flight so that I leave Lima tonight at 10:15 PM in…arrive in Lima at 5:50 pm and my flight from Lima to Miami would not leave until 10:15PM. Hailed a taxi from my hotel…
The longest day
And it really was.  It started with a bus'ride to the Auckland international airport at 1.30a.m. on 31 August where we waited for three hours to board our Aerolineas flight to Buenos Aires.…airport (rush hour traffic) and of course our flight was late leaving again.  Same airline, after all.  Anyway, on arrival at Lima

Check Lima Hotel Deals