Lima Water Park

Lima, Peru

Lima Water Park Reviews

HelenP HelenP
A water wonderland May 25, 2013
I had glimpsed this place several times as my hotel is tucked away in a side street close by, and numerous taxi drivers had overshot their destination and taken me around the perimeter.

I Decided that as this was my last night in Lima, I should give it a go. I armed myself with clicky camera and a few soles and set out to see the sights if this water wonderland. I was rather frustrated with the camera and its resulting photos and wished I had taken my SLR and forgotton about the risk of theft..

I very much enjoyed the musically animated projection of tinkerbell and a ballerina dancing within a water cascade. And it was lovely to watch both the children dodging the water fountains, the brides and grooms who were having their special day recorded and just everyone generally enjoying the festive evening atmosphere.

On leaving I walked around the outer perimeter of the park and came across the florists booths. Their displays were both dramatic and truly beautiful. I chatted to one stall holder and he told me that the displays were for many occasions, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and funerals. The window of sale opportunity was roughly a week, and after that the displays were no longer viable and had to be destroyed. He told me the last few days had been pretty poor for him and that several of the bouquets would be very soon out of their sell by date. The cost to make, and therefore loss, being roughly $25 each. A lot to lose for a poor stall holder in Peru. I assured him that they flowers would live forever in my photos.. Small comfort..

I then continued to the food stalls and ordered dinner. I was very impressed. I had two chicken kebabs, potatoes and sweetcorn for soles 10, or roughly £2.50 ($4.00). I also had a very interesting conversation with an older couple to whom i explained the similarities of the Spanish and French language and how it made learning French/Spanish and Spanish/French so much easier than expected. Not sure they were convinced, but hey, at least they got some French words in their vocabulary..

So all in all an evening of true serendipity. I set out expecting the most pleasure from the park but actually I enjoyed the florist stalls and food outlets outside just as much.
sound and light projection show
HelenP says:
Cho, is more in the similarity of the written words.. Pronunciation is a totally different thing altogether. Eg feu in French.. Fuego in Spanish..
Posted on: Jun 03, 2013
Cho says:
I think I would have enjoyed this place too. Interesting, what you wrote about French and Spanish being similar languages. I had thought so too, but when I tried to use French in Costa Rica and Nicaragua I couldn't get across to anybody. I still speak French (enough to get by) but had problems using it in the above two countries. I should have learnt some Spanish before going there!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2013