Lily & Bloom

2810 6166

Lily & Bloom Reviews

pammy_robertson pammy_ro…
Average Sunday Brunch Aug 04, 2015
In true Hong Kong tradition my friend and I went for one the many brunches that are on offer. After scouring many menus and price ranges we decided on Lily & Bloom, actually 2 restuarants. Lily was closed on Sunday so we had brunch at Bloom.

I was fully expecting to eat as much as possible but the set up of this buffet seems to reduce the 'all you can eat' for our $400 per head. You can help yourself to salads, cold meats and some shellfish. Also an omlette station. But the rest of the buffet is a 'walking buffet' meaning the staff come around and serve you portions, which was not so frequent either. The walking buffet included items like fried chicken, fish, salads and some desserts. The food was good but I wouldn't say great, except for the breads and cakes which I found a bit stale.

There was also an option to have free flow cocktails, beer etc for an extra $200.

The service was friendly but my friend ordered a Kir royale, the waitress looked a bit confused, my friend asked if she knew what the drink was, she said yes. The drink they brought wasn't what my friend asked for. When she asked the waitress, she then said they didn't have what she wanted. But rather than say 'sorry we don't have that, would you like something else instead?' they just left the drink on the table hoping she wouldn't question it.

The decor was contemporary with nice booths, good for large groups. What was a little random was the 80's music that played for the 3 hour duration. I enjoyed it despite it being a little out of character.

Would I have brunch here again? Probably not. Plenty more places to try and probably with better quality food.

Sorry I have no photos.