Lilly's Gyros

Lilly's Gyros - the menu

Lilly's Gyros Fairview Heights Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Authentic and Delicious Greek Food Dec 10, 2012
I had a craving for Greek food, so I googled 'Greek food in Fairview Heights, IL' and that's how I found Lilly's Gyros. The next time I was in Fairview, I made it a point to go to Lilly's. Completely unsure of where the restaurant was located, I called OnStar for directions, but it was so simple to find. It is located on Lincoln Trail, which is Route 50 through Fairview Heights. It's on west of the mall, continue past the Hobby Lobby stoplight, and just past the next stoplight, Lilly's is located on the south side of the road.

For such a small place, it certainly was busy! Which is good to see, considering all the other choices there are when eating in Fairview Heights. I like to see small business supported, and this truly is a small business. Mom (Lilly), Dad (Ian) and their two teenage sons (Peyman and Keivan) run the restaurant. Lilly and Ian prepare the food in the kitchen (that you can see from the counter) and the sons take orders and bus tables.

Your order is placed at the counter; there is a large menu above, or menus to look through. Your food is brought to the table then. I love gyros, so that's without a doubt what I ordered. My friend isn't that crazy about Mediterranean food, so she ordered the philly cheesesteak. Plus, we got an order of baklava to share. The regular size gyro (the smallest size) was more than enough food, and it was incredible. The lamb and beef meat was perfectly seasoned and the 'lilly sauce' (similar to tzatziki) was creamy and delicious. My friend was pleasantly surprised with her philly cheesesteak (served on a pita). The baklava was a little heavy on the spices, but still pretty tasty. The food at Lilly's has a good, homemade quality to it.

Hours are Monday - Saturday 11 AM - 8:00 PM; closed on Sunday. I will DEFINITELY be returning to Lilly's. As soon as possible!
the menu
the (small) gyro
The restaurant
jeminigirl says:
Sounds a lovely little place =)
Posted on: Dec 10, 2012