Walk into my hometown--Yunnan Province, China Jun 12, 2013
Have you ever saw the documentary called BBC Wild China? If the answer is no, I definitely recommend you to see it. Especially, the chapter of Yunnan, there are numerous special customs were introduce, such as the minority people in the Nujiang have the ziptreck, and people eat the special worms. Actually, I have tried that, it is very delicious. Although I am living in Beijing now, I still miss the wild mushroom soup of my hometown.
I will recommend my favorite place to you. Lijiang is located in Yunnan Province of China. When talking about Lijiang, people will always remind of the affairs. Yeah, maybe it sounds like so strange, but it is true that people in Yunnan all call Lijiang as the capital of “affair". Because almost every brokenhearted person will go the for find some placebos. The atmosphere of the old town of Lijiang will make you mesmerized, and you will feel this is another world. The ancient building, the flowing streams, the peaceful and slow lifestyle, and the minority culture, etc., so many travelers stopped at Lijiang and lived there. It is also a good place for honeymoon.
Anyway, I am not a good writer, so I will directly start with my experience.
1. The clubs: there are tremendous clubs in Lijiang, we called the club street. I think every lady will know that you don't need to buy a drink, because some gentlemen will buy for you.^_^
2. The Heilongtan Park, I love the sunshine and scenery. The water is so cool.
3. The Palace of Lord Mu. It contains some history of ancient Lijiang.
4. The old town of Lijiang. or you can choose that just stay in the town and walk around. It is also a good choice, because you will find a lot of interesting things, such as the shop that you can make paper by yourself, the yogurt that just have two-hour quality guarantee period. Besides, every people will write some words about their emotions or feelings on the table of the shop. For example, some words that you want to say to you lovers, or some wishes that you want give to your family and friends. Last but not least, the music called Didadi is so wonderful.
5. The Snow Mountain of Yulong. I am not good at climbing, so I didn't go there. If you want to climb, the best time is winter. But the best time to go to Lijiang is May or June.
6. Self-driving travel will increase more happiness to your travel, this just based on my experience. After I have tried plane, train, bus and self-driving, I highly recommend self-driving.
The fantastic journey is waiting for you, where is your next destination?
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!