Liguria Bar & Restaurant

Avda Luis Thayer Ojeda 019, Santiago, Chile
www.liguria.cl - 56 2 231 1393
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - Liguria interior decor
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - Pinchos de Ostiones (Liguria)
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - In Bar Liguria
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - Bar Liguria
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - Merluza
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - Local beer
Liguria Bar & Restaurant - Liguria front

Liguria Bar & Restaurant Santiago Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Maybe we were just a bit tired … Oct 28, 2016
… after a 24 hour door to door journey from London to Santiago, but we found this generally well-reviewed spot in Providencia a bit disappointing. We did like the eclectic décor and found the service brisk but friendly, but the food failed to excite.

It perhaps didn't help that on our first evening in the country, when we were yet to get to grips with Chilean dining, we had chosen a place with no English menu and a waiter who spoke only a few words of English – and of course it is our own faults that we speak so little Spanish. This limited our menu choices to ones where we had some idea of what we were ordering. I asked the waiter to tell me which were fish dishes and he pointed out a couple, one of which was "a la plancha" which I knew meant grilled so I decided on that. The fish (merluza, which proved to be hake) was nicely cooked and served on a selection of equally well cooked vegetables (cauliflower, mushrooms, peppers etc.) but both fish and veg were rather too salty – and I say that as someone who loves saltiness! It was one of those dishes which you start off rather liking and then realise halfway through that it isn't as good as you'd at first thought. Meanwhile Chris had chosen the Milanesa Parmesana, and was rather disappointed with the tough slice of meat and the accompanying penne which, although their tomato sauce was rich and flavoursome, were barely warm. We each drank a bottle of local beer, and were satisfied with the bill of about 27,000 pesos which also included a basket of good crusty bread served with olive oil, salsa and a herb butter. Maybe we just chose the wrong dishes, as everything else about Liguria was quite likeable, but we didn't go back for a second visit just in case.
Bar Liguria
In Bar Liguria
Local beer
Merluza
aesdreamer aesdream…
Liguria - Warm and Cozy Chilean Restaurant Jul 05, 2011
Liguria is fairly well known by the locals and has 3 locations all along the #1 (red) Santiago Metro. The one I visited was by the Tobalaba Metro Station and I liked the decor and lighting as soon as I walked into the place. The main dinning area (non smoking) is surrounded by paintings and photos with a mis-match of chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling. The place is not too dim but not overly bright either. Although they tend to dim the lights as it get later in the night.

My friend and I ordered 2 dishes, the Pinchos de Ostiones (grilled scallop & shrimp skewers) and the Lomo a la Paila Pcante (pork in a pot). The scallop and shrimp tasted very good and fresh. The pork was tender and soft but might be a bit salty for people who prefers low sodium diets. For me it was a tad on the salty side but still very eatable and tasty.

The price for the food is about average, both dishes were like CLP 8000 each but add on the wine, beer, pisco sours, oh well the sky is the ceiling I guess.
Liguria interior decor
Liguria front
Pinchos de Ostiones (Liguria)
Lomo a la Paila Picante (Liguria)
Toonsarah says:
Interesting - I too found my dish here too salty (and I like salt!)
Posted on: Jan 22, 2017