Light House

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Light House Dubai Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
good place to relax May 23, 2010
Light House is a persian themed restaurant located in the dubia marina walk. Its seems to be relatively new since I can't find any literature or reviews of it online, so this is the first one (eat that time out dubai).

What really sets this restaurant apart from many of the restaurants in the emirates is the relaxed atmosphere. What makes this restaurant great is the location.

The light house is located on the marina walk, which is a commercial zone located along the yacht docks. The sheiks decided to develop this area by erecting a bunch of funky looking buildings that would make any hipster scream like they were at the rocky horror picture show and they had Pabst on tap.

Along the edge of the water is a paved path which has folks biking, roller balding (ok, me), interesting families, stroller pushing servants, you know the whole gang. The area is also very casual, no groups of wealthy emirates in their white gowns and Ferrari hats, or gangs of Pakistani and Indian youth duking it out for a girls attention. One thing I noticed was a large number of western expats hanging out.

The restaurant has a large outdoor seating area consisting of couches (sweet!) and tables. It also has an upstairs lounge for days too hot to be outside.

The food is delicious, they serve mainly kebabs, but also lots of traditional persian concoctions, and they even have pizza... I assume that was brought to persia when emperor Trajen trashed mesopotamia but I'm not sure (not the sarcasm in my typing).

Me and my colleague both had kebabs, they were juicy and delicious, just how a kebab should be. We also partaked in the smoking of the shisha. They had a good selection, I had the grape mint. It was initially very minty, but became grapey after about an hour. The amount of tobacco they gave us was generous as our smoke lasted for almost three hours!

So go to this restaurant to have a good meal, lay on a couch, and smoke shisha for a few hours. The people watching was great, in front of us was a guy with a dog that was munching on extra kebab!

Check Dubai Hotel Deals