Life in Perth

Perth, Australia

Life in Perth Reviews

craff21 craff21
moving to australia in 2012 Jul 13, 2011
My best friend, his girlfriend and I are thinking of moving to Aussie next summer, I am looking to find out to apply for our visa's and what part would be best to move to, to find work and night life for our age. thanks for reading and you are welcome to give any advice you have bye
soccersimo soccersi…
Jun 08, 2007
When we said we were going to Perth, travellers would say "really?" "why?"

We did not know what to expect.

After living here for three months. Here is what I have to say about Perth.

It is a great city in the summer. You have the beaches, you have the atmosphere(freemantle) and you have the nights out(Northbridge and Leederville)

The winter however(when we were there) is not the best. The weather is too cold to go to beach, Freemantle goes into hibernation and the nightlife ain't as good.

The best thing without a doubt is the Sunday Sessions.

Head to Cottlesoe for the best day/night out.

The thing that surprises you is the price of alcohol. It is $7-8 for a pint!

The reason is because of the miners. Bars know they can hike the prices off because when miners come into town with all the money they have just made,they are looking to get wasted.

The city itself is nice. with amazing views from certain points of the town(vic park,yokine)

The best place for a backpacker to shop (clothes wise ) is harbor town.

As attractions go, you can get it all in one day.

Kings Park and the Hilarys boat harbor are my favorite places.

With Freemantle being a place to go check out the harbor and all the students hanging around :)

Transport is great, with buses and trains going all over the city. And it is ever expanding, by the end of 2007 there will be even more routes available. The city is under going a BIG BOOM, and in 10 years it will be unrecognizable, as they are planning so much new ideas for the city. And they look fantastic.

Without a doubt Wednesday was my favorite night out. Leederville hotel, has cheap student/backpacker prices and has several dance floors and is guaranteed to be packed.

To sum up Perth, it is quality place to stay for 2-3 months.

Young people who live there always complain saying it is boring, but that is because they have been there all their life.

For a bobby backpaker, I personally think it is ideal.

It's a great place to make some money, with wages being better then over on the east.

The prices of booze in pubs is off putting, but you can go to a bottleshop and get a 24 pack of beer for $30.which is plenty for 3 people.

Thanks for reading the review.

I hope it has been some help

Mark Simpson

The boys at a Sunday SESSION in Pe…
lozsumner says:
Thank you i feel better about going now :) although gutted beers so expensive! might do me some good though :)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2012
kj30 says:
Good review, useful thanks
Posted on: Dec 02, 2007
kdjp82 says:
Great review - you sumed it up pretty well!! :-)
Posted on: Nov 15, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Life in Perth

Harvesting & WWOOFing in Australia - An Introduction
Introduction It's a recent visa agreement between Britain and Australia that leads me to my next adventure Down Under. Australia produces much of it's own food due to it's sub-tropical climate: ba…life in Perth relatively quickly, landing myself a flat, good job and kind friends. My work environment was enviable…
Best in the West!
Well frankly my "Favourite Places" wouldn't be complete without a poke around in my own backyard :) and WA has many hidden treasures! Perth is still a lot cheaper than Sydney or Melbourne and I like…Perth. Though it might not have a raging night-life I think we West Aussies draw a nice balance…
I Heart Perth
Some people might wonder why, of all the places in Australia, I chose to settle in Perth. At first visiting I admit, it’s not the liveliest of cities. After cruising the lush, tropical city of Cair…Perth I spent traipsing from embassy to banks to phone repair shops trying to get my life back on an even…

Check Perth Hotel Deals