Life in Israel

02/532-2001

Life in Israel Jerusalem Reviews

kaiylee kaiylee
Very healthy lifestyle Jun 24, 2011
People are in general very healthy and active. You could find people running, cycling, walking along the coast. What else, you really have to fly there to see for yourself. But I highly recommend you to visit there if you have a good vacation time. Also, Dead Sea is also a must see place.
hayleycatth hayleyca…
Apr 21, 2007
I went to Israel with a tour group. Everything was paid for except souveniers. It was the best ten days of my life. We covered practically the entire country. We flew directly from Atlanta to Tel Aviv, then on to Tiberias and Jerusalem. We took a bus all over the country, and it was the nicest bus I have ever been in! It was incredible. Our tour guide was a genius and a great guy. I miss him!

The food was the best seasoned food I have ever tasted. Especially the peaches. I was obsessed with those:)

Even the falafels were good! I was very impressed. I thought I would never find anything to eat there, but their food is better than American. However, I did not brave St. Peter's Fish...I just couldnt handle a fish looking at me while I devour it. One night we went to the Blue Dolphin restaurant in Jerusalem and had incredible Lamb and spent some time with the chef, who was so nice.

But I dont recommend taking a taxi, it was worse than New York City, Washington, & London combined.

Also, the hotels were perfect. We always had the best views and the best service. Everything all around was incredible. I never felt as if I were going to be hurt. It was very safe. The country is full of Israeli soldiers and I never saw any fighting, no bombs were going off, it was peaceful and wonderful. Families were spending time at the beach, playing on play grounds, and they even had a fair going on near the Lebanese border. I would go back to Israel tomorrow if I got the chance! What a life changing experience! If you have any more questions let me know:)
My sister and I with Israeli soldi…
Iren_ski says:
Dear Hayleyca,
my husband and I are going to Israel to cycle. Is it ok to appear in the streets in quite tight-fitting bright shorts and t-shirts?
Thank you!
Iren
Posted on: Jan 09, 2011
travelman727 says:
Great comments! I need to go to Israel; everyone who goes says it makes the Bible come alive. It must be fantastic to walk the same places as Jesus and Old Testament heroes of the faith :-D
Posted on: May 21, 2007
sunsetrosebud says:
It is interesting that you felt so safe. I would have been afraid to go although I have always wanted to go to Jerusalem.
Posted on: Apr 22, 2007