Lido Chinese Restaurant

41 Gerrard St, London, United Kingdom

Lido Chinese Restaurant London Reviews

tajana_luna tajana_l…
A yummy dim sum for a fair price Jul 11, 2009
During my first visit to London in July 2009 I went for my very first dim sum too. That time was a first time for a lot of things, including trying out so many different cuisines which I didn’t really have the opportunity to try in Zagreb.

We went for a dim sum in the Chinese restaurant Lido in China Town with a few friends. My first impression of the place was a very positive one since it’s very clean, the interior is decorated in quite a minimalistic tone, which personally I liked, also, in my opinion very important thing, the toilet facilities are clean and not smelly.

As for the service, it was fast and accurate, which later on I learned is a practice in almost all Asian restaurants in London, and the food came quite quickly so our tummies didn’t have to wait for too long. Since, like I said, it was my very first dim sum, I didn’t do the ordering part, but the food which my friends ordered was very good. There were all sorts of tastes, colours, smells and textures, some of which seemed a bit strange to me, but after trying I did like it, especially different types of dumplings.

As for the drinks, we were all drinking traditional Chinese tea, which I also realised later, is the same taste in all Chinese restaurants, mild and good for digestion.

For more details on the menu and prices, I’m attaching the official website of the restaurant and some of my photos from that very first dim sum.

Check London Hotel Deals