Liar's Club

Manchester, England

Liar's Club Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Tiki Bar Nov 18, 2011
The Liar’s Club says it is a Tiki bar.  I have absolutely no idea what that means.  It seems to mean “fake Hawaiian with lots of rum,” but I’m prepared to be corrected on that – the website talks about aiming for a 1950s American atmosphere, but I didn’t pick that up particularly.  It is hard to feel like you are in a 1950s American Bar whilst listening to the Stone Roses.

I had a nice time here.  There are lots of seats, and lots of rum, and there were some cocktails being served that were on fire.  I am always on for drinks that are on fire, as long as I don’t have to drink them – it adds to the general atmosphere.  They mix a very nice mojito indeed.  There was a lot of space when I was there, but I think a lot of people had moved on to nightclubs by that point and the bar had been busier.  The music was cheerful, with lots of pop and indie and stone roses, which was slightly incongruous given the bar is done out like a beach hut.

I have no idea what drinks cost, except not cheap.   It was the fourth bar we went to and it wasn’t my round.  Sorry.

If you like drinking rum in a basement disguised as a beach hut, with a pleasant soundtrack and lots of other people drinking things that are on fire, this is a good place to go.
jeminigirl says:
I like your description, it made me smile - may have to even hunt down the place given that they make a good Mojito :D
Posted on: Nov 23, 2011