Kpalime, Kpalime, Togo
901 5506/913 1769

L´hotel Campement de Kloto Kpalime Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Gate to hell Apr 03, 2011
When you arrive at this hotel you feel like you have reached the last outpost of civilisation. Located at the start of the path to Mount Kloto ´s summit, we saw no other people but som local children on their way from school.

L´hotel Campement de Kloto was a former German hospital. To us it looked more like a prison.

First we got a double room, but moved to a triple room because of some problems in the first room. The rooms were okay size wise, but were not very nice. There was no AC and no fan, so the rooms got dead hot. The rooms were filthy. The sheets were spotless, but were very moist. We had extra thick blankets, which I don´t see why. In the heat I don´t see when we would use them. The beds were so soft we sank down in the middle. When we came back from our hike the second day, the light in the room did not work. It took a while to find someone who could fix it. We did have a wardrobe, but no cloth hangers and no selves.

The bathsroom was very simple. Towles were dirty and there was no hot water. The hot water tank did not work and there was no tap on the hot water pip. The toilet did not flush either. Toilet paper seemd to be a problem too. We only had very little of it when we arived and ran out very quickly. Since there was hardly ever enyone in the reception it took all day before we got some more. In the meantime we had to use our own kleenex. The light over the bathroom sink did not work, the light bulb was missing.

In a separate building there was a restaurant and a bar. I had read that the food here was far from good so I was happy that we had a cook with us. In cooperation with the staff he made us great food. The breakfast was pretty lousy. Only white bread which was old. To freshen it up they had toasted it. With the bread we only got butter and jam.

Would I stay here again, NEVER!
Chokk says:
Well Sarah - when you search for the outpost of the world you will find it - and so you did :D

I bet I will not stay there - now for two reasons; the first being that I cant imagine I will get there.
Posted on: Apr 03, 2011