Letterfrack Lodge

Letterfrack, Letterfrack, Ireland
+353 (0)95 41222
Letterfrack Lodge - The kitchen at Letterfrack Lodge
Letterfrack Lodge - The village Letterfrack, Connemara, Ireland
Letterfrack Lodge - Letterfrack Lodge in the village Letterfrack, Connemara, Ireland

Check Letterfrack Hotel Deals

Letterfrack Lodge Reviews

MalenaN MalenaN
Letterfrack Lodge Mar 16, 2017
I had emailed Letterfrack Lodge to make a reservation a few weeks before coming. I reserved a bed in a female dorm for three nights and it was 18 Euro per night (February 2013). I stayed in a dorm, but there are also private rooms with or without bathroom.

In the reception of Letterfrack Lodge there is a telephone and a telephone number to the owner Mike. So when I arrived I called and Mike arrived within a few minutes so that I could check in. I was the only guest in the dorm for all three nights and I got a key to it so it was like having a private room. The room was clean and there was a bathroom with hot water in the shower, but the room was very cold. There were no reading lights and the lamp in the roof was not very bright.

I used the kitchen in the evening and sat in the common room eating. There are also sofas and a TV there. Breakfast is not included in the price so I had bought my own, but they served breakfast anyway the two first mornings I was there. As I had my own breakfast I ate from that but I drank the freshly brewed coffee that was provided, and instant coffee for the last morning when no breakfast was prepared. In the evening it was very cold in the common room, like in the dorm where I stayed, but someone staying in one of the private rooms said it was warmer there.

During my stay there were only a few more guests staying at the lodge, a few workers working temporary at Kylemore Abbey and one couple arriving one evening. Everyone else seemed to go out to eat at the pubs in the evenings.

Letterfrack Lodge is situated just 1-2 minutes’ walk from where the buses stop in Letterfrack.
Letterfrack Lodge in the village L…
The village Letterfrack, Connemara…
The kitchen at Letterfrack Lodge
HORSCHECK says:
Another interesting hostel review of yours. Well written.
Posted on: Sep 08, 2017
MalenaN says:
I was alone in the dorm so there were plenty of blankets from the other beds :)
Posted on: Sep 08, 2017
starship1 says:
Good review and nice photos! Since the building didn't seem to be heated, I hope you had plenty of blankets!!
Posted on: Sep 06, 2017