Lette'm Sleep

Check Berlin Hotel Deals

Lette'm Sleep Berlin Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
You get what you pay for Jan 19, 2013
I found Lette'm Sleep, located not too far from a metro stop although quite a walk from the centre of Berlin. I wasn't actually sure if it was the hostel at first. Covered with graffiti on the outside & opening the doors to a big, empty & very dark vestibule, I exited thinking it couldn't be the right place. I didn't want to judge a book by its cover but I wasn't convinced until a girl entered & confirmed that it was the hostel.

She pointed me through a door to a corridoor that lead to reception & the kitchen. Two men were sat chatting in a cramped office, they weren't overly friendly but were nice enough. It was 10 euros for the key deposit, which I thought was excessive. They asked me if I was planning on staying a third night as it was filling up fast, looking atound the place I didn't believe them & didn't get a good vibe anyway so I politely declined.

The hostel smelt weird going out across the courtyard to my room. In my 6-bed dorm, I could smell vomit & a sink was dripping from the pipe into the bin next to my bed. This isn't necessarily the hostel's fault, but there were dirty beer bottles on the table, clothes all piled up in the centre of the room & on the table, & dirty dishes, plates & tumblers in one of the lockers.

I slept well in my bed but it was very creaky. The bathrooms were clean enough but the standards of the hostel cleanliness overall could be a lot better. There's free wifi at the hostel & two computers to use for free in the lounge/kitchen area. No breakfast included. There wasn't anywhere else to socialise much & the hostel was pretty empty in general during my stay.

On the second night, I left the computers to go to bed & found the front doors wide open. A man was stood there & he came in saying he needed a room for the night, reception was closed but I didn't really know how to help him. He was a bit strange,but at the same time I didn't want to be rude & tell him to leave - eventually another guy staying/working for his keep at the hostel told him he needed to go (incidentally the messy guy in my room). Maybe this suggests the hostel isn't the most secure if the doors are left open by people & anyone can walk in - especially without a 24 reception on guard.

It cost around 10 euros a night, which is incredibly cheap for Europe, especially in a capital city. If you're looking for somewhere to crash for the night & don't care about where you're staying or what sort of condition the place is in then this is the hostel for you! I distracted myself by staying out as much as possible & was happy when it came time to leave. I guess you get what you pay for!
Lette'm Sleep Berlin - 6-bed dorm
Lette'm Sleep Berlin - drippy sink!

Check Berlin Hotel Deals