Leslie's Restaurant

Tagaytay, Philippines

Leslie's Restaurant Tagaytay Reviews

lanieinthesky lanieint…
Lunch at Leslie's on a Saturday Feb 02, 2013
There are many good restaurants in Tagaytay. And I believe this is what makes Tagaytay more beautiful and exciting. I personally notice that the best restaurants here are named with people’s names such as Josephine’s, Antonio’s and Leslie’s. And the good thing about being named with people’s name is that it is without any pretense or promises but honest pride. What I’m trying to say is, if I have a restaurant named after me, say Lanie’s, definitely, I’ll take care of it. I’ll want it to be the best in town.

Leslie’s has a vast parking space. We walked a few steps to get to the place. Upon arriving, you can’t just get through the dining tables and get one for yourself. You have to book at the front desk right at the left of the main entrance, and then wait for your turn. You will be called when your table has been prepared.

While waiting for our group to be called along with the many waiting customers, we were leafing through the menu.

Therefore it is better to make a reservation when you plan to dine at Leslie’s.

Alas, after waiting for like 15 minutes, we were called and seated on our table finally. We ordered special bulalo, pinakbet, chop suey, spicy wings, 2 family rice and water. Leslie’s foods are great indeed. And the music coming from the band makes the experience more remarkable.

Our bill was 2,000+ pesos (50 USD). Fair enough.

The only problem is their staff seems very busy & occupied attending to the needs of the many customers that they cannot immediately attend to your concern. Macky had to raise his hand five times before a waiter noticed him. Perhaps they need to hire more waiters.

I noticed a few people who are probably unaware of the reservation & waiting area at the left side that are kinda pissed off because nobody seems to welcome them & assist them immediately to their seats like most posh restaurants do. At least there should be someone to welcome guests upon arriving and assist them to the waiting area.
Special Bulalo 599
Chop Suey
Spicy Chicken Wings
marix_sublime marix_su…
Leslie's Restaurant Nov 26, 2012
Leslie’s Restaurant is one of the usual ‘to go to’ restaurant at Tagaytay. They have mastered the Filipino palate that you cannot go wrong with their selection. They serve mainly Filipino cuisine and they have a wide variety of selection. From fishes and seafoods, to chicken to meats; vegetables and noodles dishes, they have it. Usually, your problem would be what to order as the choices presented could be overwhelming.

The night we were there, it was practically full but we managed to snag a table near the bar. We were four adults and 1 child.

We ordered for kare-kare (ox tail with peanut sauce), fried chicken and sisig. The kare-kare’s sauce was too thick but that didn’t stop us from asking additional sauce, hahaah! I liked their sisig, a little bit dry and crunchy. The fried chicken is also very good. My god daughter loves the taste and that is the only one she was eating. Portions were ok, it is for sharing. We could not finish all the food we ordered, which is mainly 3 dishes. They also have desserts but we were too full so we could not sample those sweet delights anymore.

Waiters were accommodating and will attend to your needs immediately. They also had this small band of singers serenading customers per table, so while eating, you can enjoy the lovely voices as well as the live accompaniment.

The toilet though was not very clean that night. I know it was full house but the more that it should be kept clean as more and more people would be using it.

Leslie’s also had an overlooking point. You can see the famed Taal Volcano from there, however, we didn’t get to enjoy this view since we went there during the night. No chance to see this magnificent sight from there. But as you will see from my other pictures, we were able to view Taal from an earlier visit to another overlooking point.

I did notice that their overlooking point was so dark, with just a single light near the hanging bridge to illuminate everything. Maybe they didn’t open all the lights in that area that night, but for me, such a waste. It would have been lovely to stay for awhile and just enjoy the cool breeze after all those feasting on good food IF only it was not so dark and therefore inviting to mosquitoes. There was a single group of friends, a party of five, braving the darkness then. We just went around once and when we saw nothing to see anymore we decided to go back down.

Before you can go to the overlooking point you have to cross a small hanging bridge. It’s not scary to cross because it’s short in distance; nonetheless, the exhilaration of crossing is still there.

All in all, we enjoyed our time there.
The sisig and the kare-kare
enjoying the night together
with the soloist of the band
oh look! Santa was there as well!
vulindlela says:
spocklogic says:
Good to hear about one of your 'local haunts', so to speak!
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)

Check Tagaytay Hotel Deals